Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 02:20 PM

I'm trying to decide between Reggie's tours
and Xtreme Cave Tubing. I have already read several cruiser's review of Reggie's. Any
reviews or opinions on Xtreme?
Old 03-15-2008, 06:08 PM

Hi Catlover1213
We just returned from the Norwegian Sun today. In Belize we used Reggie's tours. The tender process was slow (all the ship's tours went first) so we didn't get off the ship until close to 10 a.m. Sure enough, we followed Reggie's instructions and Jemiah met us where they promised.
Reggies had a whole bus load of people but Jemiah only had the two of us so we had a private tour and guide. We are in our 50's and not in great shape and Jemiah made our trip just amazing. The cave tubing was great but then he continued down the river part and the beauty and silence was just undescribable.
I would whole heartedly recommend that tour company and if you're lucky enough to get a young man named Jemiah as your guide - tell him hi from Don and Judy.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 PM

We are signed up for Reggie's. I can't wait! We go on the Sun next week.

How was it Kraftsinc?

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Old 03-16-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kraftsinc:
Hi Catlover1213
We just returned from the Norwegian Sun today. In Belize we used Reggie's tours. The tender process was slow (all the ship's tours went first) so we didn't get off the ship until close to 10 a.m. Sure enough, we followed Reggie's instructions and Jemiah met us where they promised.
Reggies had a whole bus load of people but Jemiah only had the two of us so we had a private tour and guide. We are in our 50's and not in great shape and Jemiah made our trip just amazing. The cave tubing was great but then he continued down the river part and the beauty and silence was just undescribable.
I would whole heartedly recommend that tour company and if you're lucky enough to get a young man named Jemiah as your guide - tell him hi from Don and Judy.
How was the water level in the creek? It should be high this time of year. When we went it was just acceptable.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Hi RichC
At times the innertubes did hit the stones on the bottom on the river, but we never did get "stuck". Our guide showed us how high it sometimes gets and between June and November I think he said, they get a lot of rain and sometimes the caves are not able to be gone through.
Judy
Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Hi MamaofEns
We had an absolutely great time on the Sun. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I wish we were going back. The ship was clean -- there were many "Spring Break" students aboard but they were entertaining rather than bothersome.
The food was good, the entertainment was good and our room was tended to very promptly twice a day.
The ports were very interesting and I'm sure the only way we'd ever see some of those places. You'll really enjoy the Cave/river tubing trip. The private Island was also beautiful and really organized with the way it was set up.
Anything else you'd like to know?
Judy
Old 03-16-2008, 07:09 PM

Hi Kraftsinc, He also told us that at times when the water get to strong & deep they people come out of the water covered with mud. Sounds as though it was about the same for you as it was when we went. Did they fix the road leading into the river yet? It was pretty bad a while back.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 PM

I emailed Reggie and told him my concerns, because I have two kids, one who is only 9. He said that March was the perfect time of year to go, and that he takes kids as young as 5 during March.

How cold was the water?

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Old 03-17-2008, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MamaofEnS:
I emailed Reggie and told him my concerns, because I have two kids, one who is only 9. He said that March was the perfect time of year to go, and that he takes kids as young as 5 during March.

How cold was the water?

MamaofEnS
We were there in March also & I don't remember the water being cold at all- As a matter of fact I didn't really want the trip to end & if it had been cold my wife would have been complaining. We're from Florida & she doesn't like to swim unless the temp is above 85 degrees.
You'll have a ball!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:13 PM

Hi again
RichC you are right - they have fixed the road to the river. Our guide told us it use to be quite rough.

The water temperature was just lovely. We were pretty hot after the walk in the jungle and it was great to be in the water. I didn't find it cold at all.

I so wish we were going on the cruise all over again.
Judy

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cave, cavetubingcom, cruise, excursion, reggies, ship, tube