Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2004, 08:38 PM

Well, our family went on our cruise in Dec. we had a wonderful time(thanks to all of you) we went to Dunns River Falls in Jamicia, Captian Marvins in Grand Cayman (snorkeling with the sting rays) booking though them is much cheaper than the ship, which was awesome, just wondered around and shopped in Costa Maya, and in Cozmel we went on a ATV Mayan jungle tour, which was the best thing we did on the whole cruise. We bought jewerly in Cozmel at the place which was posted, we ended up getting 50%off our jewerly becasue we brought in the review that was posted on cruise reviews. Of course we went to Carlos and Charlies and need I say more about that place!! When got back, and the only thing I would do different is take the next day off of work. I went back the next day and with all the laundry had and jet lag etc. it really whipped me, I am 45 yrs. old so maybe that had something to do with it. My mom who is 65 yrs.old loved everthing and so did all the kids, 16,17,19, 20 and 23yrs. We had this cruise instead of Christmas, birthdays, etc. and it was the best thing we ever did. I loved free style dinning, and we made a reservation every night athe the four season , main dinning room at 6:00 and always had our same table waiting. I would recommend that if you like to free style , make your reservation the night before if you have a big group like we did. I know this is long but thanks to all of you we had a awesome cruise. Thanks and God Bless, Sue

angeldust

Posticon changed

[This message was edited by Raoul Fiebig on January 03, 2004 at 04:28 AM.]
Old 01-02-2004, 08:38 PM

Well, our family went on our cruise in Dec. we had a wonderful time(thanks to all of you) we went to Dunns River Falls in Jamicia, Captian Marvins in Grand Cayman (snorkeling with the sting rays) booking though them is much cheaper than the ship, which was awesome, just wondered around and shopped in Costa Maya, and in Cozmel we went on a ATV Mayan jungle tour, which was the best thing we did on the whole cruise. We bought jewerly in Cozmel at the place which was posted, we ended up getting 50%off our jewerly becasue we brought in the review that was posted on cruise reviews. Of course we went to Carlos and Charlies and need I say more about that place!! When got back, and the only thing I would do different is take the next day off of work. I went back the next day and with all the laundry had and jet lag etc. it really whipped me, I am 45 yrs. old so maybe that had something to do with it. My mom who is 65 yrs.old loved everthing and so did all the kids, 16,17,19, 20 and 23yrs. We had this cruise instead of Christmas, birthdays, etc. and it was the best thing we ever did. I loved free style dinning, and we made a reservation every night athe the four season , main dinning room at 6:00 and always had our same table waiting. I would recommend that if you like to free style , make your reservation the night before if you have a big group like we did. I know this is long but thanks to all of you we had a awesome cruise. Thanks and God Bless, Sue

angeldust

Posticon changed

[This message was edited by Raoul Fiebig on January 03, 2004 at 04:28 AM.]
Old 01-03-2004, 01:03 PM

Sue,
I am so glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing the high points with all of us upon your return. I am sure your comments will help others in the future.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-05-2004, 04:52 PM

Why was ATV trip so much fun? I've been debating doing that or going snorkeling on our cruise on the Dream which stops in Cozumel.

Also, what store gave you 50% discount for mentioning a cruise chat review?

I want to shop in Cozumel too and could use some tips.

--RC
Old 01-10-2004, 08:31 PM

I really liked the ATV, but if I could snorkle I would in Grand Cayman with the sting rays and ATV in Cozmel, the ATV ended at 12:30 and we had plenty of time to shop. Please post the jewerly shop question of the message board, I looked and I can't find the info. The lady who wrote in gave a great review, I downloaded it and brought it in and they gave me a 50% off plus a shot of tequila. My daughter bought a wonderful ring. Let me know if you find it. Good Luck!

angeldust
Old 01-10-2004, 08:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found the info and pasted it, here it is. Sue-angeldust-

Go shopping in cozumel!! very cheap prices on everything from jewelry to real hand crafted mexican blankets to liquor. Take cab to foroum shops and walk the strip back towards the ship.
also in the middle of the strip there is another shopping area just off to the left when your walking back towards the ships it is where you can get the most for your dollar. they love to barter for the american dollar. Blankets started at $20.00 and we got them dowm to $4.00 each. buy jewelry at Rochet's they are great ask for liz she is the manager and she will give you free double shots of tequilla just for saying hello. we bought a two carat garnet flawless,had it mounted into a 14kt. gold pendant for $60.00 when we got home in appraised for over $1100.00 p.s. ask her to take a shot with you and she will and then give you the best price she possibly can. She is very cool!

angeldust

Closed Thread