Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM

Norwegian Cruise Lines has cancelled the October 26th sailing on the NCL Pearl. Due to a ball-bearing problem it will be going into dry dock. Anyone affected by this cancellation should contact their source in which they booked their cruise.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 AM

The Panama canal cruise leaving Seattle at the 21.th is also affected from this problem. No stop in San Francisco,Los Angeles and only one day in Acapulco.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I saw the Pearl in Alaska at the end of August...Hope she is all better by January...
Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 09-14-2008, 02:36 AM

I am booked on the Sept 21 sailing on NCL Pearl.............
The itinerary HAS changed... what a surprise !!!!!

It is a week away, and no one had notified me of the changes.... great...

I was going to write to NCL and tell them a family reunion date was changed just to coincide with my San Francisco stop (I was born there). My daughter and I will forfeit $150 each because of this. I thought they could at least give us photo or restaurant credit to make up for that (since it costs them almost nothing in those departments)............

BUT, after composing my letter and request, I could find no no email or FAX number to send it to !! So, I called Customer Service at NCL and began to explain. The lady cut me off and was extremely rude... wouldn't listen to anything I had to say! As a Latitudes member.... and (so far) an exclusive NCL cruiser..... I WAS SHOCKED !!!! I can remember years ago when they NEEDED repeat cruisers.

Maybe her rudeness was related to the hurricanes? I don't know.....
Old 09-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Koala, please see my response to your similar post, located HERE.

It's unfortunate when a cruise line has to change an itinerary, but this is allowable under the cruise contract. I don't mean to sound cold-hearted -- it happens, and it's happened to me, also. I would be suprised if NCL offered nothing to all pax, but they can't look at each situation individually.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:19 AM

We also are booked on the Sept. 21st sailing on the Pearl and also had a reunion set up in SF with some childhood friends, we didn't have anything invested into that stop. You could check with your Travel Insurance to see if they cover missed ports.

Our Travel Agent notified us of the changes and NCL offered a room credit to cover taxes and fees for those ports.

NCL also offered a chance to opt out of the cruise with a 100% refund. As a Latitudes member NCL has assigned us a Personal Cruise Consultant to work with. If you have one you could talk with them or who you booked with.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Where do cruise ships go when they are in dry dock?

I would be really disappointed if I had a cruise planned and it got canceled, I hope that never happens to me.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Administrator

They go to any one of the dozens of shipyards that are in business, depending on which one was awarded the contract to repair or refit the ship. Just like when you look for a contractor to repair a roof, cruise lines do the same thing with shipyards. Logistics is a big consideration.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:03 AM

I had a cruise booked on NCLA Pride of America inaugural sailing a surprise for my wifes 50th birthday then the ship sank at the ship yard. We had to settle for the back up ship rushed into service (NCL Sky)renamed Pride of Aloha the same one we just got off a year before in Alaska, that was disappointing. NCL did step up to make things right, some cash back and a good credit for another cruise. Thats just one of the reasons we stay with NCL.

D & D

Closed Thread

Tags
ballbearing, cancelled, consultant, credit, cruise, dock, dry, full, gem, ncl, october, pearl, problem, reviews, sail, sailing