Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 08:07 PM

Are most of the reviews regarding this ship for real ?? I have just booked Nov 29th for South America, any one else here going ?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:07 PM

Are most of the reviews regarding this ship for real ?? I have just booked Nov 29th for South America, any one else here going ?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 PM

what do you mean "are they for real". is that positive or negative.
just ask what you would liek to know and maybe some of the people in here can help you

a great little ship the crown
PHilipp
Old 09-09-2006, 03:35 PM

Changed our minds after reading the neg /pos reviews..I thank you all for bringing it to my attention, probally should be used for gunnery practice
Happy cruising , off to the Med. on Princess.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:51 PM

what negative posts?
what works for some, might not work for others!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:25 PM

I got home today from a Sep 3 cruise on the Crown to Bermuda. I was very very apprehensive about the Crown after reading the reviews, in fact almost cancelled the cruise. I would have to say I don't know what those people are talking about. This was our best of four cruises ~ food, shows, and crew. The crew was fantastic. If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to answer them. Do not hesitate for a minute to go on the Crown.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:13 AM

Thank you very much cruisemk!!!

i used to work on that ship, what a beauty, intimate, lovely, great crew, nice bars, good shows, etc. etc. etc. ...
...i was on teh crown in singapore when they converted her and put that little italian restaurant on on top of the ship and the bistro. didn't you love sitting by the window, looking down over the side of the ship while havign a fine dinner at le bistro?

i miss that ship and can only recommend her!

Cheers
Philipp
Old 09-11-2006, 04:56 AM

thank you cruisemek and planetphips for your encouraging reviews. Sailing on the crown Sept 17th. This will be our 4th cruise with NCL. We have never had any problems with any of her ships, and I know this one will be no different.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Administrator

I toured Norwegian Crown a couple of years ago. She is a beautiful ship with a fine crew. I also had lunch on board, and it was very, very good. I'd go on this ship for a cruise if the opportunity arose.

Philipp, it must have been something to see the additions made to the ship a few years ago. Le Bistro is beautiful. My only disappointment was the loss of the indoor pool. Even so, that conversion must have been incredible to watch.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:18 PM

Hey LisaP

yes, the drydock in singapore was a very interesting experience. as you might know a lot of the Orient Lines cruisers did not like the transition to NCL. you are among many who have loved that indoor pool. i saw it in its last days before it got torn apart and around 30 crew cabins were put in that space.
the new spa and fitness room turned out very nice and actually takes one of the most beautiful spots on the ship, all the way forward on top of the bridge!

I also loved how they did the aft bar, on top of the pool...lovely.

just a great ship as you said.

Cheers
Philipp

Closed Thread

Tags
america, bistro, chaska, crown, cruise, goa, le, mn, norwegian, nov, ship, south