Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2006, 12:33 AM

My first this Sept! Cant wait! Im going with my GF, which should be a blast!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:33 AM

My first this Sept! Cant wait! Im going with my GF, which should be a blast!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:08 AM

Congratulations. If cruising gets in your blood don't say you weren't warned. I took my first cruise way back in 1981. Will be taking my 54th cruise Apr 24h. Cruising is a wonderful way to travel and see the world. I enjoy trying all the different lines. I find them all good. Some differences, but can't say I've had a bad cruise yet on any of them.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:50 PM

I didn't start cruising until 1991 and I just booked my 28th cruise for this fall. It is very addictive. I also go on 'land' vacations but when on them I often find myself missing the whole ship thing. While on ships I have met some terrific people who I continue to be friends with years later and go on cruises with time and time again. I have sailed on 5 different lines and each has its pros and cons. I have also been on everything from a 3-day to a 16-day in various parts of the world. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-20-2006, 07:16 PM
A bad day at sea is far better than the best day at work-hands down!10 cruises since 1982-now doing 2 per year in retirement.This is living!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 PM

I have been to USSR,China,Mexico,Hong Kong,Japan,Europe-3x,Ireland,Scotland,Mexico,Jamica,All of Southeast Asia,USA,Canada and UK,Scotland among a few countries AND only 1 cruise-March in Hawaiian Islands and Fanning Island. I am now hooked on cruising.Looking into a cruise to Iceland and one from LA to New Zealand among others!!At age 24 ,I feel I have a lot of cruising left!!! I feel like 24 I should say!!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:47 AM

F1,
Just keep your eyes open at all the cruise lines, not just NCL. You can cruise to just about anywhere. I have cruised to every continent except Australia. HAL and Pricess do Australia/NZ alot. Back in 2001 I did a Hong Kong/Vietnam/Thailand on NCL. I also did a combination China land/Yangtze river. I did a snowmobile vacation to Iceland,it is awesome. I have seen cruises go there, maybe HAL. I too have been to Ireland 3X. I can't say enough about Ireland. Next to cruising, Ireland is probably one of my favorite. Although I did a Windstar cruise in 1994 in the South Pacific, and the waters there are just breath taking. The South Pacific blows the Caribbean away. Just too many places to see! Sounds like maybe you were in the Navy???
Old 04-21-2006, 06:37 AM

I've only been on 16 and planning 2 more for this year. I went on my first one in 1980 for a 3 day Bahama on Costa. I've been on NCL, RCL, HAL, Carnival, Costa and Princess. So far Princess is my favorite, but I've never had a cruise that I considered bad. I've had a few they had to change itineraries or we couldn't get into port, but so what--you're not working!! I'm hooked and hope you enjoy your experience as much as all of us do. Have a wonderful time!!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:48 PM

Hey Cruise Fanatic-thanks for tips!!! ALL my trips are private,paid for by me!!!I am from Toronto,a Realtor,no Navy experience!!! Yesterday I picked up 6 cruise books-tours-HAL,Oceania,Princess.I too love South Pacific.Great tours everywhere.One to China and another to Iceland look good. One to South Pacific-New Zealand.Choice is endless!!! I will collect more tour books,study them ,then act for another great cruise at least 13 days-28 days!!!!

Have you tried Oceania?High end,small ships,but look great,great tours too!Another is Seabourne,Yachts,upscale!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:17 PM

F1,
No haven't tried Oceania yet. Their ships are the ships from Renaissance cruises that went bankrupt. You might also want to check out SeaDream Yachts.

Closed Thread