Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 11:19 AM

I have not booked yet due to the upcoming holidays and son's birthday (right b4 X-mas). Do you think I have a good chance going on the 4/9-4/16 sail. I want an inside cabin. Sorry fo all the questions, I am a newbie. If you can think of any advice or things I need to know please share
Old 10-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

I just booked an oceanview Cat C stateroom on a mid December cruise a few days ago, only two months in advance. You should easily be able to book an inside cabin up until 3/9/06, possibly even later.

As for what to pack, always pack binoculars on any cruise. Wildlife, or points of interests ashore often are too far way to be appreciated. Binoculars bring them up close.
On a Caribbean cruise, always pack a can or bottle of bug spray containing "Deet" to keep the bugs away.

If you are seriously going on a cruise, go ahead and reserve it now. For just a small deposit you can book a cruise far in advance. You will not have to pay the full amount until the final payment day, usually two months in advance of the cruise.
This allows you to specify a certain state room because you booked early, and allows you to re-negotiate to a lower price if the fare falls lower than the cruise line expected. Of course you may not be able to re-negotiate after final payment day.
But, if you fail to make final payment on the specific day, the cruise line can cancel your cruise reservations, resulting in you losing your deposit. So only book with a deposit if you're really planning on going.
If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask. It's virtually impossible to answer questions not specifically asked.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:16 PM

I second that about the binoculars. In fact, it's worth the investment to have the best quality, highest magnifying ones you can afford. Nothing worse than hearing the naturalist announcing wildlife or some spectacular view in the distance and not being able to see due to crummy equipment. It's my one regret after our cruise to Alaska. (and I did have good glasses, just not strong enough.
Rose
July '06 Tahitian Princess Honolulu to Papeete
Old 10-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Banned

I've changed the two to three weeks prior to the cruise for final payment date to two months...
The times are a changing......
Old 10-17-2005, 12:09 PM

Ron thank you so much for all your help. You have eased my nerves about being able to get that date. Can request a refrigerator in an inside cabin on NCL, is ice cream free, do you recommend me getting a collapsable cooler, are robes complimentry? THat is all I have for now
Old 10-17-2005, 12:10 PM

one more thing. I don't get the last post what about times?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by nycruiser1975:
Ron thank you so much for all your help. You have eased my nerves about being able to get that date. Can request a refrigerator in an inside cabin on NCL, is ice cream free, do you recommend me getting a collapsable cooler, are robes complimentry? THat is all I have for now
You can request a refrigerator, if there's a free one about the ship you may get one. On ships without refrigerators in every cabin, these are usually reserved for cruisers who need them to keep their medicines cold.
But there is no harm asking for one.

There is ice cream served on every NCL ship for lunch and dinner in the main restaurants. Possibly in the main cafeteria too, I have always dined at the main restaurants, so I can't vouch for that absolutely. Some ships even have soft serve ice cream stations, but not all.

As for robes, they aren't standard issue in regular cabins, but are usually present in suites. Again, there's no harm asking for them. I've heard that they will complimentary present robes if asked. But, they are for use on the ship. Don't pack them in your bags as you pack for departure.

Closed Thread