Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 09:32 AM

The newest NCL ship Pride of Hawaii completed it's inaugural cruise on June 12th. It has sinced completed four additional seven days cruises around the Hawaiian islands. I have been searching everywhere for some reviews to see what people think but so far 'All Quiet'.
If you have taken one of these cruises aboard the new Pride of Hawaii please write something of your experience as I am scheduled for the December 11th sailing.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:50 PM

We just returned from the Pride of Hawaii cruise that departed on July 10. It was by far the worst cruise we have ever been on! The ship was understaffed, and the crew was not well trained. We did not have a steward on our wing. The room did not start off clean when we boarded on Monday, and we were short of washcloths. We had to make several calls to finally get washcloths. Other members of our party had similar problems. The waits in the dining room for waiter service made dinner a long, excruciating experience. Our waiter and assistant waiter had not only our two tables of 8 to attend to, but also two other tables. We heard that the ship was short 200 crew members, and others got off the boat at one of the stops because they were under seige from the passengers because of the poor service. I don't blame the crew members, they were actually doing the best that they could under trying circumstances. NCL corporate leadership is to blame for the mess. There was a near-mutiny by the passengers because of the poor quality of the cruise. IT was the topic of conversation among all passengers the entire tip. It was really a shame since it is a new, lovely boat visiting wonderful locations. The shore excursions kept the cruise from being a total loss. Everyone on that cruise deserved a refund.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:39 PM

Wife & I went on the Pride of America in August 2005 - I think it was the ships fifth cruise & our third cruise (2 with NCL, 1 with Carnival). Same thoughts as TheEeker, beautiful locations, the islands are amazing. The ship had engine problems so it was not able to do one of the evening cruises past a spot on one of the islands because it needed the time to make the next port. It felt like someone was trying to "dump a clutch" when she was getting ready to leave the ports. Lots of noise from the bowels of the ship. As far as the staff goes. It is said to say but the clerks at the local Wal-mart are friendlier & more helpful than the staff. Yes, there were an excep[tion here or there, but the greater majority just dont care. On check in the room still had trash in it from the previous guests - took a day for the cabin person to get it cleaned up. We had to get our own soap & towels. Infact, in the one port I went to Wal-mart I bought several bars of soap. So December traveler - I certainly hope that they will have their act together by the time you get on the ship. If nothing else, you will definitly enjoy the islands & the wonderful sites. Pearl Harbor, Road to Hana, House of the Rising Sun, Pele's Crater (Halemaumau) - take the wlaking tour here where you walk through the bottom on the crater - wonderful.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruises, hawaiia, june