Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 AM

My parents are thinking of cruising on norwegian Gem on 3rd december from Barcelona to Boston stopping only once in madiera. Is the Atlantic rough in December and i have heard the Norwegian ships are meant for calm waters an don not sail well in rough seas. Any advice appreciated
Old 04-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Yes, the Atlantic can be VERY rough in december.
It won't be a hazard to the ships, though. But for sure it can be unpleasant if they hit the storms.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 PM
GaryG-We cruised aboard the Dawn in a forward Balcony in Dec. 2006 from NYC to the Caribbean. It was a rough passage in the Atlantic heading South from NYC with high winds and seas. The Dawn,which is a sister ship to the Gem, handled the rough seas beautifully, Well enough that we rebooked for a January 2008 sailing aboard the Gem within 48 hours of the NYC departure! They are well designed and extremely seaworthy designs-don't even worry about it-Hey-there are always seabands for those that feel the motion too much!These are great ships-Don't worry about the crossing-it'll be a wonderful cruise!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-24-2007, 06:16 AM

thank you for those kind words. Its not actually for me its a cruise my parents are taking and the price is so attractive at 273.00 for 9 nights barcelona-boston via madiera.But they were worried about the rough seas. I don't think a balcony cabin would be worth the extra as the weather would not really permit its use.I will let them decide. Hopefully will be great for them

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, crossing, cruise, cruising, cruzing, december, riugh, rough, seas, transatlantic, transatlanyic, worry