Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 11:09 PM

The NCL Star was disappointing. I just got home today from LA. We did an 8 day Mexican Riviera Cruise. The staff had a bad attitude, they acted like it was a burden to ask for service or help and snapped back at me when I asked politely for it. For example, my grandfather and I ordered our room to have seperate beds and it took me three calls and eight hours to get it seperated. My parents had a suite and their butler and housekeeper were worthless for the money they had to put out for it. The food tasted cheap and gross, the breakfast foods were disgusting, the bacon tasted like dead pig, it was the kind of food you could eat two plates of and still feel like you ate nothing. It took an hour and a half to disembark from the ship. There was no problem with the ports, they were good places and convienient to get to and from the ship. The ship was very unorganized and the staff was very clueless. I will say that the entertainment was great, and was enjoyable. I went on Royal Carribean in '02 and it blew away NCL by a longshot. I will say that I will probably never sail with NCL again, I didn't feel like I got my monies worth. Travelers beware!

RougeWaves
Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Banned

I have heard mixed things about NCL, thats too bad the staff was rude.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Banned

When I went on the NCL spirit, the entertainment was awful, the food was pretty good and the staff for the most part was friendly, not overly friendly, but helpful for the most part. SOmetimes the service was a bit slow for no reason but where the heck was I going? I enjoyed NCL Spirit.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 PM

I was horrified to hear this!!! We are doing the very same cruise in 2 weeks - have looked forward to it for months!!! I am a LOYAL NCL cruiser, and have never had a bad experience!!!
Hope the staff gets their act together!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi pokey,
I wouldn't worry too much about Rogue Waves; his post is a little like his name implies: comes out of nowhere, smacks you hard, then disappears, never to be heard from again.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:23 PM

Being positive and upbeat will greatly improve your chances of a better cruise! Rather than waiting 8 hours, I would have simply moved the bed myself and went on with more important things - my vacation.

The crew is just like anyone else, smile and they'll smile back. Snarl and they have no reason to.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 PM

Hmmm.. 8 hours to have the beds seperated into singles? I bet you wanted it done as soon as you got to the room. That is the busiest time for the room stewards.. They are cleaning all the rooms and perparing them for new guests, helping with luggage, etc etc... They probably waited until it was bed turn down time to seperate them.

Bacon that tasted like dead pig? Shouldn't it? because that is what it is... While I agree that I was not impressed with NCL's food, I wouldn't claim it was not as good or better than some resturants I eat at...

as for disembarkation.. an hour and a half is not unreasonable for a large cruise ship. Remember that sometimes the customs staff delays disembarkation... then the cruisline trys to get those with early or long excursions off first... so by the time people who are just going into port to shop can get off, it can easily be an hour and a half..

While I don't mean to defend NCL... I also don't like to see the opion of one cruiser that may or may not have had a bad cruise ruin the vacations of others. Go with an open mind and don't sweat the small stuff and you will have a great time pokey..
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-18-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Hi pokey,
I wouldn't worry too much about Rogue Waves; his post is a little like his name implies: comes out of nowhere, smacks you hard, then disappears, never to be heard from again.
I agree with Rogue Waves and their assessment of NCL. Two online agencies, CVC and Only fun vacations will not even book NCL anymore. They have had too much negative feedback from their client base. I have only been on one NCL cruise (Dawn) and found the service to be well below HA, X or RCCL. Heck even the one Carnival cruise I have been on (and I am not a Carnival fan) had far superior service. That said I may still try another NCL cruise in the future only because they appear to have a monopoly on the summer Hawaiian Island cruise. I always say there is no such thing as a bad cruise because you can always make the best of it.

It appears that Rogue (a new member) was expressing his/her disappointment with a cruise they have been on.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RogueWaves:
the bacon tasted like dead pig,
RougeWaves
Well, here is some news for you: Bacon IS dead pig

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-18-2007, 06:40 PM

arckac,
You are aware that the NCL ships that sail roundtrip from Hawaii on 7 day cruises is NCL America and have American crew? There is a big difference in the service on these ships.

Closed Thread

Tags
4630, cruise, ncl, raffle, star