Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2005, 02:13 PM

We are cruising on the Star this October to the Mexican Riviera. This is our first ever cruise and I have some questions.

* What, if any, documents are required for travel to Mexico? I read that tourist cards are needed for anyone traveling 30 miles beyond the US border. If so how do I get them or does NCL provide them in our cruise documents?

* Do the resturants and vendors in the port cities accept US dollars or will we need to have Mexican currency ashore? Can I get local currency on the ship? If not is it readily availble ashore?

* How safe and timely is it to utilize the local vendors for excursions rather than the cruise lines?

I would appreciate any information all you experienced cruisers can give.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-06-2005, 02:28 PM

H Rookie,
Welcome to cruise-chat. For this October, all you will need are birth certificates and driver's license to take a Mexican Riviera cruise. Assuming you are a US citizen, you do not need to worry about securing any other documents.

US Dollars are widely acepted throughout Mexico - no need to exchange currency for pesos.

As for excursions from local vendors - it depends on what and where you want to go AND what kind of traveler you are. If safety and security are high priorities and this is your first time to the area - you are probably best booking excursions through the cruise ship or to reserve through a reputable independent company before leaving home.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-07-2005, 09:12 AM
American currency is accepted everywhere. Just make sure you have plenty of smaller bills - 1s, 5s & 10s. As Nancy said, unless you are extremely brave or adventurous or knowledgeable, stick to ship offered excursions.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, immigration, immugration, mexico, requirements, ship