Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 01:40 AM

What is the policy for bringing your own liquor on board?. I'd understood that one's carryons and checked luggage were scanned and any liquor confiscated until the end of the cruise. I was on a plane today with 105 people returning from a cruise on the Jewel. I was repeatedly told that they had no problem in bringing on board liquor in checked luggage. What is the policy?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 AM

This is NCL's Official Policy:
Passenger is not allowed to bring onboard the vessel without the previous written permission of the Carrier any intoxicating liquors, or beverages, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature.

I think what it comes down to is that how strictly the policy is enforced is not consistent from ship to ship / sailing to sailing.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:04 PM

On my last NCL cruise everyone in our group that had wine or liqour in their checked luggage had it confiscated and we had to pick it up at the end of the cruise. Don't know if it is that way on all sips - but there seemed to be no exceptions on my sailing.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

The others have posted NCL's official policy.
A hint I've read elsewhere to sneak your hard liquor by the booze police, is to smuggle the liquor aboard in bottles that don't look like liquor bottles. X-ray machines can't tell what's in the bottles, they can only determine the bottle's shape.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:52 PM

I use containers called a Platypus - plastic and square, hold about a litre. I got mine from Magellan's
Old 10-27-2006, 09:20 AM

In terms of liquor on Board, I don't know about NCL, however, on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, both my mom and I brought small bottles of liquor with us in our checked luggage, Six bottles each and then put them into the cabin fridge. Heard about lots of other people too who did the same thing.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MsSocial:
On my last NCL cruise everyone in our group that had wine or liqour in their checked luggage had it confiscated and we had to pick it up at the end of the cruise. Don't know if it is that way on all sips - but there seemed to be no exceptions on my sailing.
which shiip were u on?just wondering?
Old 10-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by heldentenor:
I use containers called a Platypus - plastic and square, hold about a litre. I got mine from Magellan's
i heard listerine moutwash bottles worked whats ur opinion?
Old 10-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pink845:
In terms of liquor on Board, I don't know about NCL, however, on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, both my mom and I brought small bottles of liquor with us in our checked luggage, Six bottles each and then put them into the cabin fridge. Heard about lots of other people too who did the same thing.
u think mouthwash bottles would work
Old 10-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Banned

Try it in your checked bags but it is a hassle to carry around and if you dont end up getting it till your cruise is over it really isnt worth it.

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, boardboardtopic, bottles, bring, checked, cruise, cruises, cruising, hide, liquor, liquors, luggage, ncl, norwegian, plastic, ships, small