Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 04:55 AM

I need help choosing a cabin on the Dawn. The 3 cabins I am considering are BA, AF and AE. I know the balcony cabin is 205 sf, the AF is 283 and has a tub. And the AE is much larger, 361. It comes with the concierge but what does the concierge get you with the AE? Is it worth the extra money? HELP
Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 PM

Your questions really depend on how much time you'll be spending in your cabin on your cruise. If it were me, and just for my wife and I, I'd take the balcony and spend the difference on something more important than my cabin sq ftge. Like some nice excursions or a few of those rum and tropical fruit drinks on the pool deck they're alway pushing. My wife would spend the diff on jewelry and call it a souvenier.

There's a lot to do onboard and off the ship. Your cabin is where you go to change for dinner and sleep. The balcony is a treat though. Nice to sit out and relax in the ocean breeze and just watch the sea pass by with a cup of coffee or the adult beverage of your choice.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Oh yeah, and welcome to Cruise-Chat. Happy to have you here.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:27 AM

thanks, you made a very good point. The last time I had an ocean view. It was nice but really wanted a balcony. I should save money and forget about the suite. Thanks again.

Tulum Mexico Villas
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Hi lmsalter57, and welcome to cruise-chat.

I don't know if you've booked your cabin yet, but I wanted to answer your question about the duties of the concierge. We had a wonderful concierge on a different NCL ship a year ago. We didn't utilize the service much, other than to have her make reservations for us in the specialty restaurants. That might not sound like a huge deal, yet she knew in advance of a conflict our preferred time would have with the Captain's Suite Guest party, so she let us know and then changed us to a different time. She also visited daily to find out if all was OK, and if there was anything she could do. Now, this was a small ship, so I don't know how this would work on Norwegian Dawn. Other perks we enjoyed with the suite were priority embarkation and disembarkation. But, the main reason we booked it was for the size of the cabin, as there were three of us (myself, husband, and teenaged son).

Yet, a 205 square-foot cabin is certainly roomy if there are just two of you, and the BAs are in good locations on the ship. Whether it's worth the extra money for more room is up to you--there's really no right answer.

Good luck with your decision, and let us know how it turns out!

Closed Thread