Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 08:38 AM

I am about to embark on my first cruise on the NCL Star on 4/7 to Mexican Riviera. I am excited but I am reading so many negative reviews. I have paid for a balcony room on Deck 8, but it looks like the balconies are different than on the higher decks. Does anyone know about this? Also, what can one do to make embarkation and disembarkation easier in the ports of call and in LA? Thanks for any help!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Banned

Off the Star on March 2006, it was very nice and one of the NCL better ships. You will have a good time. One of our close friends who have sailed many times just came off the same cruise and stated of all cruises, and they have many, it was their best. Cruising is what you make it. Don't let negative comments deter you or bum you out. There will be high points of the cruise and some disappointments. You will be treated very well, and you will realize how good you were treated once you get of the Star and back to reality. This may be hard to understand now, but you will understand after the cruise. The service, the food is usually excellent and outstanding. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy.

Richard & Mary
NCL Platinum Latitudes members

Next cruise:

NCL Pearl again onMay 20th, 2007 to Alaska
NCL Gem Dec 3rd, 2007 for Transatlantic from Barcelona, Spain to Boston

We love NCL
Old 02-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Hello fmctravler and welcome to cruise-chat;
most of the negative things written about NCL are regarding the Hawaii cruises; I have read many good reviews and know people who have been to Mexico on the NCL Star and loved it.
It will be a great first cruise experience (did you mean "first cruise", or "first cruise on the Star"?)
I don't know about balconies on the Star but often the balconies on lower decks are actually larger than the upper decks (except for suites); but believe me, any balcony is good.
For a smooth embarkation have all your paperwork filled out in advance and have it handy. At debarkation don't try to be the first one off--relax, have a nice breakfast; avoid the crush in the stairwells.
You will use tenders in Cabo San Lucas so you might have to wait to get off if you don't have an excursion booked through NCL. At the other ports you can debark as soon as the ship is cleared. Is this a 7 day or an 8 day with Acapulco? If it's an 8 day you will tender in Zihuatanejo also.
Have a great trip!

Closed Thread

Tags
crusier, mexico, star