Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2006, 01:56 PM

All inclusive,but is it good value? I recently heard of someone who cruises and says it is cheaper than if he stayed in a Senior's home!

I think it is good value-when so much is offered-food,room,entertainment,sun,ports,and so on....But, port calls can be $$$$-plan wisely.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:40 PM

I can only speak for myself. As a baby boomer I feel it is a good value vacation.

You get to see different things at several port stops and wonderful food all the time aboard the ship without trying to decide where and what to eat each meal on a land vacation plus driving to each location and cost.

If you do a land vacation your are just near one area and then spend your time driving each day to your desired tour attraction + hotel cost.

On a cruise you've got a wonderful ship with good service, food, shows, pools, spa,etc. or just relax, I could just go on and on.

Do It you'll love it.

Scott

5/21/2006 OUR NORWEGIAN STAR ALASKA CRUISE

Carnival Fantasy 11/1998

Carnival Sensation 5/2003

Carnival Victory 9/2004
RCL Mariner 2005
Old 04-09-2006, 01:38 PM

Absolutely a great value, especially if you wait on a good deal. We book within 2 months of sail date and usually get a good discounted rate without having to give up a specific room/cabin request. We just returned yesterday from Norwegian Dream's Texarribean cruise and had a great time, much better than last year on Carnival's Ecstasy. The Freestyle Dining was a major benefit...98% of people we spoke with loved this concept.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:20 AM

F 1,

I spoke to several people on my cruises about the value of cruise.

Most of the older fellow passengers said, that itīs cheaper to go on a cruise, than staying in a Seniorīs home. And much more comfortable, much better food, good entertainment, people with much more interests.........

Old 04-10-2006, 02:35 AM

I have a client that all he does is cruise. Ever 6 months he comes in and we go over all the cruise lines. who is doing what, and then we start booking back to back cruises. He has been around the world several times. He always meets good ppl and he loves it, and he is in his 70's. He said it is the best way to spend his later years.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:28 AM

I tend to agree if you have time and lots of $$$.
I just had my first 12 day cruise on the Wind-and loved it greatly!!! Value is good-I have compared some $$$ for 2 in the Carab... and it was the same or more expensive just for 1 week!And stuck at 1 resort,on Hawaii cruise-5/6 ports with dozens of excursions! Some you can do on your own-very cheap!!!! Cruising is way to go-you are REALLY spoiled on a cruise with as much or little to do plus fab. Shows and meals.......
Old 04-10-2006, 07:07 PM

I have been on many cruises and 1 of them might not have been the best but all in all cruises are the best vacation of all vacations! My family and I(family of four) don't really go on those mini vacations a lot any more because we choose to save our money up to go on cruises as our big vacation every year. So I have to say, cruises are by far the best most relaxing and fun vacation to take!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, cruising, good, ship, value