Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   SS Norway (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/3336-ss-norway.html)

Islander 06-28-2002 05:38 PM

I will be cruising the Norway Aug 11 and I wondered if anyone know if the suites on the Sky Deck had blowdryers and/or irons...
Anyone out there?

Islander 06-28-2002 05:38 PM

I will be cruising the Norway Aug 11 and I wondered if anyone know if the suites on the Sky Deck had blowdryers and/or irons...
Anyone out there?

Islander 06-29-2002 05:34 PM

I answered my own ?. Found a great website, it was set up with the guy who gives the history talks at tea while at sea. There is a link there for 1st time Norway cruisers which was extremely helpful.
Go to www.ss-norway.com for lots of info on the Norway.
There are NO irons or hair dryers on board, but you can get your shirts pressed for about $1.50 each.

linerlover 07-18-2002 10:32 AM

We have sailed in several different cabins on Sun Deck on Norway. They all have very nice hairdyers in the bathrooms. Can't say about Sky deck, but I would guess they would have them, too, since Sky and Sun Decks were added at the same time.

That ss-norway site is wonderful! Especially the cruise tips for sailing on Norway. I read the tips after already sailing on her 10 times and finally learned that it DOES NOT help to keep pushing the elevator buttons. Have to keep my hands behind my back though, as the temptation is so great.

Marilyn

Raoul Fiebig 07-18-2002 04:07 PM

Hi Folks!

You're right about Devon Scott's web site - it is great. Unfortunately, Devon has left NCL and the "Norway" and his excellent talks will apparently not be continued by somebody else - what a shame! http://www.plaudersmilies.de/confangry.gif

Raoul

HOSKI 07-18-2002 05:02 PM

When did he leave? That was going to be a big part of my trip 09/15/02. I was so excited. bummer

linerlover 07-18-2002 05:18 PM

It's true he just recently left Norway. He needs more time to work on his Norway Preservation Foundation and couldn't do that while on the ship all the time. But he will be back for the Norway Rally Support Cruise on Jan. 12, '03 and will be giving his slide shows and lectures during that cruise. I believe the France Gala on the 2nd formal night is still being held though. That was the highlight of our last cruise.

Islander 07-18-2002 07:17 PM

I am also dissappointed he has left the norway, as I was really looking forward to meeting him when we sail 8/11. I wonder if he will continue developing the website?
Hope so.

AND thanks for the onfo on the suite amenities!

The site is ALIVE!

linerlover 07-19-2002 06:57 AM

I read a post on the Norway yahoo! site by Will Main, the Pres. Pro-tem of the SOS Norway Foundation. He said the site will definitely be upgraded soon, especially with Devon having more time to see to it. However, Devon is going to also be spending alot of time working on getting a waiver of the Jones Act (I believe that's it) for the Norway so she can cruise up and down the east coast of America, docking in cities like New York, Charleston, Philadelphia, etc. You can read about his wonderful plans for her on the ss-norway web site. They sound fantastic to me, if only they can be pulled off!!

Raoul Fiebig 07-19-2002 07:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by linerlover:
It's true he just recently left Norway. He needs more time to work on his Norway Preservation Foundation and couldn't do that while on the ship all the time. But he will be back for the Norway Rally Support Cruise on Jan. 12, '03 and will be giving his slide shows and lectures during that cruise. I believe the France Gala on the 2nd formal night is still being held though. That was the highlight of our last cruise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi everybody!

The above is correct. If you get a chance, take a look at Devon's web site. The Rally Support Cruise will be an excellent opportunity to meet Devon and lots of fellow "Norway" enthusiasts onboard. I would love to go myself, but I cannot travel in January at all.

Of course, Devon will not only continue but intensify the work on his site, so keep your eyes open for new exciting details to come soon!

Raoul