Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 02:44 PM

I am very disappointed in the complete change of itenerary for the Star with little compensation and no offer to cancel and reschedule when the advertised sailing again becomes available. Your advertisements for this cruise highlighted the overnight stay in Acapulco and this is the reason we chose this cruise. We have already visited the ports as modified and have no desire to see them again. I think you have made a poor corporate decision and weka6tiujim@netscape.net will certainly avoid sailing your line in the future if at all possible.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:51 PM

Jims,
I understand your frustration, but we do not represent NCL in anyway, nor do we have any affiliation with any cruise line. Therefore, comments like "your advertisements", "you have made a poor corporate decision" and "will avoid saling your line in the future" are sort of wasted on this audience - we are all regular cruise passengers like yourself.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-21-2005, 04:14 PM

Jims,

I second Nancy's words and would like to add that an engine problem is not particularly what I would call "a poor corporate decision".

If I was in your position, I would be disappointed, no doubt about that. But as Nancy wrote, we are in no way affiliated with any cruise line and hence it is most definitely not our fault that the itinerary has been changed.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-21-2005, 08:02 PM

Not to beat a dead horse (An American saying that means not to belabour a point) but you will not find Cruise Line advertising on CruiseRevies.com. While we run Google's ads, we are not in any way affiliated or connected to any cruise line. I think this is a huge point. You are free to express your opinion here just as others are free to oppose it with respect.

Cruise-Chat.com has never accepted advertising from NCL (or any other cruise line) nor does it have any intentions to do so.

I hope that resolves the issue of what Cruise-Chat.com represents.

This brings me to another question that I will post in the General Cruise Chat area tonight.

Tom
Old 12-22-2005, 05:59 AM
Banned

The Star's azipods are having thrust bearings problems, and need to be replaced.
As any good auto mechanic will tell you,
"you can pay me now or pay me more later."

NCL has made a wise decision to repair or replace the bearings at the earliest possible time that they could schedule a drydock with the replacemnt parts in hand.

Waiting onto a futre drydock risks destroying the azipods, which cost significanly more than the bearings in question.

Meanwhile, reducing the Star's speed to minimize future damage to the azipods is a sound policy.

Would you rather be stranded 100 miles out from your first port of call when the azipods completely fails if NCL continued sailing the Star at higher speeds, or would you rather make all the ports on the slower revised itinerary of the cruise, including returning to LA on time?

NCL subsituted two ports for the two ports you're missing from the initial itinerary. You should be thanking your lucky stars that's what they did. NCL could have, per the cruise contract, cancelled the two ports without any substitution.

And NCL added $100 per cabin on board credits on top of that, which they don't have to do. $100 at today's prices aboard, is approximately 20 beers. Sufficently large enough for you to wash away your tears and disappointment.

Many are happy NCL dropped Acapulco from the itinerary, as the cruise tour vendors and street people are very aggressive.

I know your pain that your cruise isn't what you expected it to be. But mechanical problems aboard any ship need to be addressed as quickly as pratical. You can either make lemonade with lemons, or make faces as you eat the lemons raw.

It's up to you which you would rather do. Go on your cruise, change your plans some, and enjoy the two new ports as much as you can that were added to your itinerary and have fun!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:51 AM

Don't be too tough on "Jims". I too was frusterated to hear of the Star's troubles. In September we booked our trip for March -- exactly the time it was due to go into drydock. Didn't hear of this until December. NCL made no attempt to rebook us on any other cruise during that time (our kids spring break). Considering the cruise was cancelled, the ship board credit would have been of little use to us. My calls to the special number on thier website dealing with the itinerary change /impending drydock were not returned.
In my case, I was able to book Carnival's Spirit for nearly the same dates. Still waiting for my deposit to be returned though.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:10 PM

After our last experience with NCL, I'm not surprised at their attitude when you queried their lack of customer care ... NCL seem to have lost the plot and think THEY ARE DOING THE CUSTOMER THE FAVOUR BY LETTING THEM ON TO THE SHIPS...!!! no more NCL for us ...(read our review on the Jewel !!!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, itinerary, ncl, revised, spirit, staritenerary