Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 12:13 PM

Hi this is my very first cruise and I have some questions...

It will be me and my future wife on this cruise and we requested a queen bed.. we were given room 8502. According to the NCL website ship diagram it looks like 2 beds If it is that way when we get on board is there a way to get NCL to change our room to a queen?

Also being a very first time cruiser anything anyone can recomend for this cruise? We already booked two excursions (dolphin swim in Tortola and scuba in St. Thomas) we want to just walk the beach in Bermuda as we hear the beaches are pink. I am asking about recomendations onboard the vessel itself?\

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can help us with.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey Jude (bet you never heard that before),
don't worry about the bed. If it's still in the twin configuration when you board just ask your stewad and it will be a queen by that evening.
As for excursions, I'm not really up on the Caribbean; I'll leave that to our Caribbean experts.
Have a great cruise!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Oh wow. they can change bed configurations!!! That I didnt know.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jude:
Oh wow. they can change bed configurations!!! That I didnt know.
Yes, bed arrangements can be changed in almost every cabin.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:53 PM

Thats great to know. Being this is a first cruise for us I want everything to go off without a hitch.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:26 PM

Jude,

Hello and welcome to cruise chat! I am excited for you. You will have a great time and to be sure starting out with the right attitude has helped many of us to maximize the benefits.

I would caution you that it may not be entirely "hitch-less", just hope you don't set yourself up for a negative situation if something does not go perfectly.

If it doesn't, you can always, "take a sad song and make it better". (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Have a great time and keep asking all the experts here any little thing.

Ken
Old 03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

Jude, if I were you I would do your own excursions. Youll end up paying a lot more (usually) going through the line. Once I got on board I looked at what they did and tried to just do it myself.

The spirit is a fine ship. Have fun. You never know if or when your future wife will step out on you.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 PM
As I recall, we were pretty sympathetic and comforting to you when you had your problem; well excuse me, but that's a pretty lousy thing to say to a guy about to go on a cruise with someone special.
Jude, on behalf of the whole community, I apologize for our friend's bad manners.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 AM

Hi Jude,

I spent 4 years in Bermuda at the Sonesta Beach Hotel. Try Horseshoe beach. I suggest you rent a scooter at the dock in Hamilton and ride to the beach....it's a beautiful ride and very safe (the speed limit is 20mph) and will cost you a LOT LESS than a cab. You can also see Elbow beach as well. The ride is about 25 minutes from Hamilton.

As for the pink thing...most beaches off of reefs or coral are pink, not just in Bermuda. This is the color of the crushed shells that get broken up on the reefs. As we say in Bermuda...have a Bermudaful time.

Hi Chef....hope things are well. Quite the snow fall and ice in these parts over the past few days. Lots of cancelled deliveries.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the info folks.

As for the excursion we only booked the scuba diving and the dolphin swim. We figured we wouldnt be able to find that stuff on our own. In bermuda we will be doing our own things. We couldnt justify the prices the Line wanted to charge just to go to the beach.

Closed Thread

Tags
8502, cruise, lines, norwegian, spirit, stateroom