Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Im a spring break cruiser. Not really concerned about the alcohol like most spring breakers, but my girlfriend is 20 and i am 21. She is going to want to go to the nightclub and i saw it is only 21 and up. Does anyone know if this is right, if they id to get in, or how easy it would be to get her in?
i went on century by celebrity last year and everything was a joke. No one ids at their club and half the people in there werent 21.
ps. what do you think the pearl would be like for spring break. Century was still alot of old people last year, but i guess celebrity is more old people
Old 12-11-2007, 11:56 AM

I've cruised on Princess twice and I never saw anyone get asked for their i.d. You can always pack a plastic bottle of liquor in your checked luggage or drink off ship in mexico and the caribbean. Both princess cruises were mostly older people, 50's. I did meet people my age, 30's. I'm sailing on norwegian in feb. '08 and that line is suppose to be younger. Carnival has younger people, but not as nice and alot of children. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 AM

Yeah. im trying to avoid carnival as much as possible... Im not really worried about the alcohol. Im worried that we will get there and she will want to go to the nightclub and not be let in, because she is 20..
Good Luck on your cruise too
Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 AM
I am surprised you have to be 21 for that club. What are people under 21 supposed to do? 18 yo cannot go to the 15-17 teen club and if they cannot go here that's not good. We were on the Carnival Valor in Nov and the disco was 18 and over. They did have security outside the doors. I assume they were checking to make sure no one under 18 went in. Normally I would say unless she looks under 21 they probably will not say anything but since this is spring break and they know a lot of people will be under 21 they may check more closely (or not). I also had heard you had to be 21 to gamble but on the Valor the signs said 18. But then this was a Carnival ship and not NCL so rules may be different. When my daughter went on NCL for her honeymoon she was 20 and they would not let her gamble. In my opinion I do not think she will have a problem but I could be wrong.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Hi Mike, and welcome to cruise-chat.com.

The Freestyle Dailies for N. Pearl do indeed note that the Bliss Ultra Lounge is, after 9:00 pm, for pax ages 21+. I don't know how they enforce it once the clock strikes 9:00. The other lounges do not have this restriction, as far as I can tell.

Also, if you or your TA haven't done so already, you need to familiarize yourselves with NCL's age policy, particularly the parental consent letter that may be required for boarding.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:58 PM

I just got home from being on the Pearl.. Im 24 and my boyfriend is 28. there was a lot of ppl our age and no one asked for ID EVER! we also packed a bottle of liquor in our bag, taking a chance and it was there

Free Cruise Clocks

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, ncl, pearl