Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:35 AM

Going to cruise on the Pride of America in Jan and Feb 2008. I'm already pretty well set as to what to expect on the ship (very little)but, my question is what's the best Luau? What should we not miss? What is a must to see? Ok world travelers help us out!!

Edit: Modified thread title, see below. -LP
Old 12-14-2007, 08:25 AM

I just returned from the cruise on the Pride of America & you say you expect very little? You are in for a big surprise because you can expect a fantastic cruise. Everyhing was EXCELLENT so don't believe the bad reviews & worry like we did. You will have a GREAT time. I spent a week on Kauai last year & went to the Smith's luau. They not only have a great luau, you can take the river cruise and then walk around their (huge) tropical gardens before.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:33 AM

continued...In Hilo, go to the Volcanoes Nat'l Park, beaches or snorkeling in Mauai, altho beaches on all islands are great including Oahu except Hilo (not a beach place). You should be able to see whales when you're there especially around Maui. There are helicopter tours on all islands which are great but a little expensive. Try a catamaran or shorkeling sometime too. Kauai is the most tropical & unspoiled island with a lot to see if you rent a car. Need a car in Mauai too. Did a kayak trip & hike to a waterfall this time in Kauai which was great!
Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Hi all. I modified the subject of this thread to differentiate it from the separate thread that focuses on the ships.

Thanks for the feedback, phxsunflower!

Closed Thread

Tags
cab, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, fare, hawaii, hawaiian, kauai, luau, ncl, review, reviews, shore, smiths