Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2005, 01:14 PM

Reading thru' the various reviews 'beer buckets' seem to crop up a few times. Could somone please expand and let me know the 'pros and cons' of 'beer buckets'. Also from you expeienced diners out there what would be the best times for going to dinner to avoid lengthy queues, Sue and I are not early diners, we prefer if possible dinner about 8-9pm. If there are queues for dinner, are we 'booked'in and allowed to go off for a drink or have to wait in a queue.
Sue says Iam becoming more excited than a child looking forward to Christmas
many thanks Keith
Old 10-31-2005, 05:26 PM

The beer buckets are a yellow football helmet with 6 beer. I think you pay a deposit on the yellow thing, and there is some sort of little price deal on the package.

Should not have a problem with later seating (8-9) unless you are looking at one of the specialty restaurants, in which case you can make a reservation. The longest wait we have had at the main dining room was under 10 minutes.

And yes, I am like a little child before Christmas too.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Banned

Since you stated you like dining late, if I were you, I'd wait two and a half hours after that dining room opened. That would give everyone eating as soon as the dining room opened 2 hours to dine. You'd be getting in line as they finish, and start departing.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:51 AM

You will be fine if you eat at 8.30. You can definitely go off and have a drink, in fact, the one night we actually had to wait for Windows they gave us coupons for free champagne at the piano bar.

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, bucket, buckets, cruise, football, helmet, line, norwegian, served, yellow