Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Hi Fellow Cruisers;

I am a First Time Cruiser (yea!) I am going to the Bahamas on July 21st with my whole family (11 of us in total) and although some of my family have cruised I am a newbie and have questions.

1. We have a Superior Inside Stateroom on the Fjord Deck - I know the rooms are small, but was wondering about the bathroom size and suit case storage. There are 4 of us and I know we will be cozy I was wondering about how our stuff will fit!

2. If we book our own excusion and don't use the NCL offered ones, how much would cost to leave the ship? How would I arrange for this?

3. How does the soda cards work? Can you buy a card for liquor drinks as well? What beverages are included in the price?

Thanks for any and all information you can impart to a Newbie. These boards are great for gathering information for an ODC planner such as myself. I am hoping to get it all planned out before and just relax on the ship!

Coloradomama
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMama:
Hi Fellow Cruisers;

I am a First Time Cruiser (yea!) I am going to the Bahamas on July 21st with my whole family (11 of us in total) and although some of my family have cruised I am a newbie and have questions.

1. We have a Superior Inside Stateroom on the Fjord Deck - I know the rooms are small, but was wondering about the bathroom size and suit case storage. There are 4 of us and I know we will be cozy I was wondering about how our stuff will fit!

2. If we book our own excusion and don't use the NCL offered ones, how much would cost to leave the ship? How would I arrange for this?

3. How does the soda cards work? Can you buy a card for liquor drinks as well? What beverages are included in the price?

Thanks for any and all information you can impart to a Newbie. These boards are great for gathering information for an ODC planner such as myself. I am hoping to get it all planned out before and just relax on the ship!

Coloradomama
(1) There's plenty of room in the cabin for your bags in the closet, or under your beds.

(2) You can leave the ship in port for nothing.
What you decide to do once ashore may cost money, unless you do something that doesn't cost anything.

(3) $6.75 per day per person plus a 15% tip.
For a four day cruise on the Sky, that's $27 plus a 15% tip, so the total would be $31.05.
I'm sorry, NCL doesn't sell liquor cards.

Each 12 oz can of soda will cost $2.00 plus 15% tip, a total of $2.30 each.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.com, Coloradomama!

More information on NCL's soda card program may be found here. It covers Coke, Sprite, ginger ale, and club soda. The card is not mandatory. As Ron said, you also have the choice of purchasing soda by the can for approximately $2, which is what we usually do.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:37 AM

A superior inside cabin is approximately 147 square ft. With four people in the room I would recommend limiting your luggage to one each. Also soft sided luggage or collapsible luggage would be best.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 AM

Thanks for all your replies. I am hoping to keep the luggage to 1 per person, but we are doing the disney parks before the cruise so I know we will have a bit more. But the collapsing luggage is a great tip!

The soda card may work for the kids but the me and my hubby we'll probably just buy as needed.

Again thanks!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Hi ColoradoMama,
My kids & I will be on your cruise on 7/21. Hope to see you!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:04 PM

If there is anyone out there who wanted to book cabins for 3 or 4 occupants, they've been sold out for a while on this ship for upcoming dates. They got some kind of change in status from the Coast Guard and announced today that they can now re-open triple and quad cabins for new bookings.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-11-2008, 05:54 AM

Hi Buddykai, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I hope you and ColoradoMama can get together on your cruise. I have a feeling that both of you will come back hooked on cruising and become an addict like the rest of us. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise with fantastic weather!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:43 PM

Hi all...My brother and I cruise together several times a year, just leave both families behind and take off! We are sailing on the Sky 7/18...anybody else on that sailing?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Buddykai:
Hi ColoradoMama,
My kids & I will be on your cruise on 7/21. Hope to see you!

HI Buddykai;

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I am down to the wire on packing and getting set, we leave in two days for Disney then onto the Cruise ( ) I hope we can get together as well, we'll be meeting up with my sister-in-law and her two kids.

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, beverage, card, cards, cost, cruise, cruises, july, ncl, norwegian, review, reviews, sky, soda, tips