Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 PM

Considering a suite on deck 11.
Any idea if excessive noise from deck 12?
Im a light sleeper.
Thanks & God Bless
Old 11-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

Hobbs:

We were on Deck 11 earlier this year on the Jewell. We were located on the back of the ship in a mini-suite. There was no problem with noise, however, where every your located there could be some noise. Check out the deck plans andsee whats above and below your cabin. If its a dance floor, karoke or DJ, be prepared for the noise.

Richard
Las Cruces, NM
Old 11-17-2006, 04:51 AM

Thanks...any idea how mid-ship is?
Old 11-17-2006, 05:54 AM

Depends on where the midship location is. Part of it is under the chairs and lounges that are located pool-side, in which case you might hear those being moved around while they clean. Part of it is under the fitness center (port side). We sailed last week and the fitness area was only open from 6 AM - 11 PM. My DH asked why, and they said it was from noise complaints otherwise -- I'd assume from the cabins below. On the other side, you've got a section with the library, card room, and further front, the spa. I can't imagine those would be noisy at all, but I'm not sure exactly where the suites are located.

If it was me, I'd go for a starboard one, closer to the front, and you should be fine. By the way, we walked down that hallway to get to the bridge viewing area and didn't notice any noise at all from midship forward, but it might be different in the actual cabins.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 AM

i was in cabin 11544 which is below the overhang section of pool area and there was some noise of deck chairs being scraped along the decks but this was very minimal and i do think the jewel is well sound proofed. it could be a lot noisier during the day if you sit out on your balcony and pool is in ful swing with live music
Old 11-21-2006, 09:56 AM

THANKS!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 06:25 PM

well... I hope you have not booked your ticket for 11th deck yet!!!!
I am a crew member for Norwegian Jewel, and I work at reception, So I hear everything people complain about, if you look at the layout of the ship...the gym is on deck 12!! so if you are in a cabin below the deck, if you are a light sleeper, you will get woken up by the tread mills every morning at 6am! we have tried to fix the problem by turning off the machines above the complaining rooms, but they always seem to turn them back on, and people complain of the machines being turned off. So i highly suggest, if you would like to get deck 11, make sure you are not below the gym!! every single week we had calls about it, they were not very smart when building the ship!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:10 AM

Hallo,

I have just been on the Jewel on Deck 11 right under the Gym. Interesting what new cruiser wrote, some of the tread mills were "out of order" for some days, but running again after 2 or 3 days. Luckyly we still had no problem with noise, I was afraid of it. But it might be, that the tread mill above our room was not used (the gym was never very busy) or we got up early enough anyhow. But also during the day I never realized something.

Gruss graneb

Closed Thread

Tags
11, caqbin, cruise, deck, floor, jade, jewel, line, mini, ncl, norwegian, plan, port, problem, review, reviews, suite