Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 07:19 PM

hi i as thinking me, my wife, and 2 teenagers on a cruise to Alaska. was thinking about going on either the Star or Radiance of the seas. If possible please post you experience you had on either ship (anything helps) thank you.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 PM
We've been there twice on the Norwegian Sun and Star and are doing again in 2008...We've been on 19 cruises and Alaska is the best by far...wonderful sights and sounds...We've gone in early May and early June....both times were great for us....You won't be sorry....Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 09-19-2007, 06:03 AM

Hello. We went to Alaska in July 05, on a 10 day R/T San Fran. We were on the Regal Princess. Anyways, we had our 15 yr old son, and 16 yr old nephew with us. The weather was pretty bad, raining and cold, in the inside passage. As soon as the weather got bad, the teenagers were bored. It was too cold to sunbath, swim, and generally hang out on the decks. Most of the teenagers were lounging inside, and complaining of boredom. Us adults made the best of it, with umbrellas, and irish coffees. If you are going on a 7 day cruise, it might not be as bad. I would consider, the activities for the teenagers on the ship. Just my thoughts. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-19-2007, 02:32 PM

Hi! We were on the Radiance last November. We had a great time. Our adult son and sons-in-law enjoyed the basketball court and pool tables. There is a climbing wall, too.

The staff was great and the captain is the best ever! He is so comical and made the trip twice the fun.

We went on a Caribbean cruise. Next year is Alaska! As far as the ship is concerned, I know you won't be disappointed.

Nadine
Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Lets face it...you will not be having fun in the sun on an Alaskan cruise. This is strictly a criuse for the beauty and nature of this beautiful State. If your teenagers are into this they will love it. If this will bore them then maybe think of a Carribean or Hawaiian cruise for them. Plenty for them to do. We are planning an Alaskan cruise for my husbands 60th Birthday the end of May. The kids have not been on an Alaskan cruise. They range from 27-37. I think they are old enough to appreciate this type of cruise. 4 of them are joining us on our eastern Caribbean cruise in Nov. The other two will be on the Alaskan cruise. One has never cruised so this will be his first.

Two sons live in London. They are not lay on the beach types. Their idea of a vacation is India, S Africa, Prague and anything that has to do with sightseeing and adventure. No laying on the beach or by the pool so I think they will enjoy this the most. The only thing they will not like is the cold and rain. They get enough in London. The other 4 (3 girls 1 boy) are pools, beaches and fast boats types. Not much on sightseeing but I still think they will appreciate the beauty even if they do not get to lay by the pool.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-21-2007, 09:44 PM

We just did the Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver (Sept 9th departure) - it was great, apparently we had the best weather in 8 years. The average age on board was mid 60's. It's all about the scenery and to tell you the truth if it had been rainy and foggy I don't think we would have enjoyed it at all. I think your kids would be bored out of their minds. Either let them bring friends or take them to Disney Land.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:52 PM

We went to Alaska last June on a Holland. It was our 4th cruise, totally different, totally incredible. I wouldn't hesistate to take teenagers on it, there was so much to do. The excursions were a little pricey, compared to southern cruises, but so exciting. I feel like I'm gushing, but nothing compares the Alaska. We plan to go back, on land, for 2-3 weeks.
We were on the Radiance about 5 years ago, it was a lovely ship, wonderful crew.
Linda

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruises, teens