Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2003, 11:20 AM

I have read sooo many reviews about the Norway and all of them contradict each other! I read one review and get very excited about going and then the next review makes me want to cancel all of my plans. I have booked a Suite AG catagory and I was just curious about the room, amenities and in the literature says it includes consierge service. Also, I have read conflicting reports about room service...is it included or do you have to pay for the items. HELP!!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:20 AM

I have read sooo many reviews about the Norway and all of them contradict each other! I read one review and get very excited about going and then the next review makes me want to cancel all of my plans. I have booked a Suite AG catagory and I was just curious about the room, amenities and in the literature says it includes consierge service. Also, I have read conflicting reports about room service...is it included or do you have to pay for the items. HELP!!!!
Old 02-02-2003, 05:49 AM

My wife and I did the 7 day on the Norway last year. Inside cabin, small but very good for the price. The ship shows it's age in places...but, that is part of the history of the Norway. The only issue we had was with the sewage and the smell from it. It was bad in a couple areas as we walked to and from our cabin. Due to price, we may go again later this year...next cruise is on RCCL late thsi month.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jillk:

Hi,

as you've seen, people either hate or love the "Norway" - there's hardly anything inbetween. I've been onboard the "Blue Lady" several times, and while I've been on more modern and more luxurious ships, she still is a favorite. It is essential to know what to expect, it's important to know what the "Norway" is and what she's not. The S/S "Norway" Preservation Foundation has some great pieces of information for anybody considering a cruise onboard the "Norway".

Your cat. AG suite is not one of the "France's" original cabins. Together with a number of other suites, it was added during the "France's" conversion into the "Norway" in 1980 in an area that used to be the tourist-class enclosed promenade. In contrast to most other cabins on the "Norway", they feature large picture windows and more modern facilities than the original suites.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-02-2003, 10:50 AM

Herr Fiebig:

Sehr schoen! Sehr interresant!!! Danke sehr fuer das link! (Ich habe keine umlauts!)
Ich bin ein Amerikanerin und muss meine Deutsche ubung...(ubungen?) LOL! Ich liebe Deutschland.
Ich liebe der S/S Norway auch!!! Mein link (ich weiss das wort auf Deutsche nicht!:
http://www.ssnorway.bravepages.com

Bitte, wilkommen alles Deutscher gaeste (?? das wort?)!!!

Liebe von Reno, Nevada, USA:
Suzanne aka MizSuzannah

For everybody else:
I was thrilled to "sea" a German speaking visitor here...my message to him, including all ERRORS, reads:
Dear Mr. Fiebig:
Re: Das Ruderhause (his website)
Very beautiful! Very interesting! Thank you for the link. (I dont' have any umlauts..a character on a german keyboard) I am an American and need to practice my German. I love Germany. I love the Norway also! My tribute to the Norway link: <link>. Welcome to all German guests !!!
Love from Reno USA
Suzanne
Old 02-02-2003, 10:57 AM

And forgot to answer your questions:

I think the others here have answered very well...I love the Norway...she is a beauty and a very historic ship....your concierge service is included and you don't pay for that seperately...your cabin will be quite spacious and newer than the other categories and it will be very nice...you will enjoy it! Suites come with many amenities (you'll be the cleanest person on the ship with the variety of bath gel they will give you, including a lovely German almond soap that you can't buy in the states. I forgot the brand but its' wonderful).
Ignore all the negativity....some people are never happy no matter what...those same folks complain about the same things on other ships as well...cross reference the reviews and you'll see what I mean...
Enjoy your vacation!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 11:36 AM

Thank you all for your responses!!! They are very helpful!!! I'm sure we will love our cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
ammenities, cruise, norway, review, sewage, ss