Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 08:27 PM

I just talked to the cruise line, we do have the pullman bed, not a bunk which could be a problem with my 80yr old mother, for getting up at night, was wondering what the chance of getting a update, found out they have none left with a bunk any other ideas? also not to mention luggage lol
Thanks Wendy
Old 02-19-2008, 08:49 PM

aside for paying more for a larger cabin, no other ideas come to mind. Are you sure BOTH beds are a pullman? If not, you could give the bed/bunk to your mother and you take the pullman (although that probably is just as bad)
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 PM

Jim, sorry probably didn't make myself clear, there are 3 in this stateroom, so two twins and one pullman, would of liked a upper bunk, as I could of taken that which would of left enought room between the 2 twins, one would of thought when I gave our age's when I booked that we would of gotten a bunk, but such is life, good thing were not in the room much thanks
Wendy
Old 02-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Wendy.. I guess I'm still confused. How many people are traveling in this cabin? When you say 2 twins, I assume you mean twin beds. I'm not sure why you are considering a pullman and a upper bunk as different beasts. The pullmans on the ships are set up to pull down about half way down from the ceiling and then have ladders up into them (much like an upper bunk bed would). So if you have two twin beds and a pullman, you have three seperate beds. Or they can push the twins together and make one big bed. I don't think you would see much difference between the pullman and a bunk. The benefit of a pullman is that every morning the cabin stewards will store the pullman up in the ceiling. That gives your cabin more space for changing and such while you ARE in there. They then pull it back down when they turn down the beds.

So I am confused over your concern over the pullman, versus an upper bunk. I thought you meant the cabin only had a twin and a pullman.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
so two twins and one pullman, would of liked a upper bunk,
The terminology is causing confusion. A pullman is also called a "Pullman upper" bed, which is the same as an upper bunk. Perhaps what you mean is that you would have preferred a cabin with two twin beds and a pull-out sofa, instead of a pullman upper berth?

It's possible that whatever category of room you booked ONLY comes with upper berths and not pull-out sofas. You would have had to book a more expensive room to begin with to get 3 beds on the floor. This has nothing to do with the age of the passengers.

Sandy
Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Wendy,

Although it is a photo of a Royal Caribbean ship, this photo shows what a pullman bed looks like on just about all cruise ships regardless of the cruise line.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator

I believe the confusion comes from this thread, in which it is stated that some of the third berths pop up from below one of the twins. While I have not seen this for myself, I have heard they exist on some NCL ships.

Wendy, I suggest you call your travel agent to find out if your cabin has one of these beds. (We called them "high risers" in the old days.) Note that as described above, these are not pullmans...pullmans are something entirely different, and it sounds as if a pullman is something you'd prefer.

It may be too late to change cabins (even with $), but you never know.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM

OK sorry for the confusion, I was told by my TA that it is a "pullman" which pop's up from being storeed under one of the twin beds, which after its set up you will have 3 "seperate" twin beds side by side, so then you have to "crawl" out the foot of the bed to get out since there will either be a wall and a bed next to you or if your in the middle a bed on each side of you. This is why I thought a bed like Beers showed would of worked better for us, but guess there isn't any left so will just make do with what we have,shouldn't be that big of a deal. thanks everyone for your great input
Wendy
Old 02-20-2008, 07:46 PM

Also was told by the cruise ship that a bed that pop's up from under one of the twins was called a "pullman" and one that came down from the ceiling or fasten to the wall above a twin bed was called a bunk so maybe the cruise told me the wrong name of the bed, I'm confused myself now Laugh Out loud hehehehe
anyhow were in room 9027 JJ on the pearl if that helps to clear up this confusion
Wendy
Old 02-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi Wendy,

I was in room 8019 on the Pearl and the extra bed was on the wall....it folded down with a ladder at the end to get up and down....not much room for either person under the bed or even on top....We were on the Dream and the bed was tucked under one of the twin beds....Your TA should be able to tell you or call Guest Services at NCL....Happy sailing...it's still below zero in MN so stay in Arizona:-)...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, bed, beds, bunk, cabin, celebration, cruise, line, linedawn, means, norwegian, pullman, pullmans, room, twin, upper