Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2005, 10:45 AM

Has anyone cruised the NCL SEA out of Houston? We're 1st time cruisers with alot of guestions, so please help if you can.

Is the dress code relaxed enough to get by with nice jeans and a nice blouse, or shirt ( for men)? With the exception of formal night? Our friends traveled Carnival last month and said they were able to wear jeans in the dining rooms with a nice blouse(her) and a button shirt (him). Would you be turned away if you did not have the right attire???

Is there lobster on any night?

Any suggestions for excursions? Has anyone done the glass bottom boat and does it include all the snorkeling gear? I read somewhere that it does.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:54 AM

From personal experience, You will be turned away if in shorts. We arrived back form a ship excursion minutes before they shut the doors for early seating on the Dream. They allowed us to run to cabin and change. I suspect if they were dress jeans, no holes, etc., you would be fine. But final authority will be up to the Maitre De. Tip him nicely on the first day...

David Landry
Old 05-16-2005, 10:54 AM

And lobster is usually served on Friday or Saturday night.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:44 PM

Since you will be on the NCL Sea, you will be "freestyle dining". They have a very relaxed dress code and you will see many people on your cruise in jeans.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-16-2005, 06:23 PM

Hey Nancy,
Thanks for the reply. Does this mean we can wear jeans in the dining rooms?? I'm really stressing over this dress code thing. We're first time cruisers with two teenage sons and our style is very casual. I don't want to have to go buy suits and dresses just to eat. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
Since you will be on the NCL Sea, you will be "freestyle dining". They have a very relaxed dress code and you will see many people on your cruise in jeans.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 PM

I don't advise jeans, though you may be able to get away with them. Chinos or other slacks and polo-type shirts will probably be more appropriate and in tune with what is expected at dinner in the dining room.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:44 AM

Thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 06:16 AM

Although I agree with Karen as to what is preferable - I guarantee that if you are on the Sea out of Houston, there will be a number of guests wearing jeans to the dining room in the evening. I would say that your teenage sons would be okay - if they are nice jeans and not paired with a scruffy looking t-shirt.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-18-2005, 11:35 AM

Thank you so much for the additional reply. Now I can actually relax and quit worrying over the dress code. We've bought new Levi's , the dark original blue kind and dress shirts. So again, thank you so much, your expert advise is greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
Although I agree with Karen as to what is preferable - I guarantee that if you are on the Sea out of Houston, there will be a number of guests wearing jeans to the dining room in the evening. I would say that your teenage sons would be okay - if they are nice jeans and not paired with a scruffy looking t-shirt.

Closed Thread

Tags
code, cruise, day, dining, dress, expert, freestyle, lines, norwegian, reviews