Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2002, 05:52 PM

Our travel agent got us our times to fly in and out of Honolulu for our cruise on the Star Dec. 22 through Dec. 29. (We purchased the fly and cruise package. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish we would have purchased our own airline tix!) Regardless, we are not happy with the times. We really want to go to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial. We arrive in Honolulu too late to be able to get to Pearl Harbor in time. (At least to tour the memorial. I understand they give out tickets for the tour and you need to get there quite early to get tickets and the tours only run until 3:00pm). We leave Honolulu too early on the departure date to be able to make it to Pearl Harbor and catch our flight. Our travel agent is looking into changing the flight, but she did not seem very hopeful and it will probably cost more $$. Any suggestions on what we could do? (Though I'm from Michigan, we will be flying out of LAX because we'll be there visiting family before and after the cruise.) Thanks!
Old 11-18-2002, 05:52 PM

Our travel agent got us our times to fly in and out of Honolulu for our cruise on the Star Dec. 22 through Dec. 29. (We purchased the fly and cruise package. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish we would have purchased our own airline tix!) Regardless, we are not happy with the times. We really want to go to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial. We arrive in Honolulu too late to be able to get to Pearl Harbor in time. (At least to tour the memorial. I understand they give out tickets for the tour and you need to get there quite early to get tickets and the tours only run until 3:00pm). We leave Honolulu too early on the departure date to be able to make it to Pearl Harbor and catch our flight. Our travel agent is looking into changing the flight, but she did not seem very hopeful and it will probably cost more $$. Any suggestions on what we could do? (Though I'm from Michigan, we will be flying out of LAX because we'll be there visiting family before and after the cruise.) Thanks!
Old 11-18-2002, 10:23 PM

Unfortunately, think you're too late to do any changes. Hawaii isn't the easiest place to get in and out of. We're doing a 2 week land trip towards the end of April, and I had to come up with alternate dates, as flights all booked. I always suggest to people that are cruising from distant points, that they go in at least a day or 2 earlier so they can enjoy the local sights. I do think that the travel agent should have suggested this. You could also have done a flight deviation, whereby you pay an extra amount $50-75 generally, and you can pick your own flights. Celebrity offers this free of charge to Captain Club Members, and we're taking advantage of that in JUly. Cruise Lines are moving mass amounts of people, and the only thing they think about is getting you to the ship, not your comfort in so doing. Sorry I couldn't be more optimistic, but we all learn by experience. Is the travel agent a "cruise only" travel agent, one that is very familiar with cruises? Good luck! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
flight, ncl, package