Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2006, 03:14 PM

We are cruising the NCL Spirit in July of "07. We are wondering if anyone has any tips for "not to miss' activities, beer/Margartita tastings and such. Also, we are wondering if you are allowed to bring bottled water or sodas on board from home. We have an asthmatic son who drinks tons of purified water daily and dont want to have to pay 3 bucks a bottle on board.
Thanks for any suggestions and/or tips
Old 09-24-2006, 05:37 AM
Banned

You can take on your own water and sodas.
Just make sure they are still sealed.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:48 AM

Ron,
Thanks for answering my questions. Do you have to pack them in your checked luggage? or can you take it on in a carry on?
Have you sailed on the Spirit?
We are going next July and are trying to search out good info and tips.
Thanks Joann
Old 09-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

You can carry them on, or leave them with your bags.

I sailed on the Norwegian Spirit during August 2004. It's a beautiful ship. It's Asian decor is unique amongst cruise ships sailing from North America. It's large enough to provide a complete Freestyle Cruising experience, with plenty of options for entertaining and dining, but not too large that makes you feel you're sailing on a small city. Just realise it doesn't have all the bell and whistles that NCL's newer and larger ships have. In fact, every new ship when it enters service adds upon what's available on existing ships. So, that shouldn't be surprising.

Have a great cruise....
Old 09-24-2006, 01:15 PM

Thanks Ron,
We are still nine months away from our trip but are very excited!
Up until I found these review chat boards, we had read some really mixed reviews about the spirit. Since joining the boards I feel alot better and have read alot more positive information!
Joann
Old 09-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by maxpower366:
Thanks Ron, We are still nine months away from our trip but are very excited! Up until I found these review chat boards, we had read some really mixed reviews about the spirit. Since joining the boards I feel alot better and have read alot more positive information! Joann
Read the reviews on ships for a while, you'll come to the conclusion that all ships get great, medicore, and very bad reviews.

No ship, crew, cruise, or itinerary is perfect for everyone. Everyone has different expectations on what cruising should be.
That's why you'll see great, medicore, and very bad reviews even from the very same sailing.....

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, ncl, pack, questions, spirit