Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I was reading reviews on the Dawn, and it looked like you might have to pay the weekly spa usage fee to use the lap pool for exercise? Is this true? (Argh, if so.)

Also, as I'm kind of a gym rat...curious what the workout facility is like on the Dawn. I thought Gem's rocked, but Spirit's was always crowded and half the stuff seemed to be broken at different intervals throughout the week.

Thanks!
Cortney

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 06-17-2010, 04:52 PM

Yes the Dawn charges for the spa pass... last year 150 couple... but it was the best money we ever spent and why we are also going back in Sept for the last Bermuda trip from NYC. The gym was well appointed and roomy and no fees were charged unless you attended a special class.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks, Gma Pat! Do you mind if I ask why it was the best $150 you spent? I might be convinced! What did the spa pass include? And were people able to actually use the lap pool for laps, or did passengers just congregate in it? Do you know if it was freshwater or saltwater? Do you remember how many lanes there were (wondering if it will always be hard to get into)?

Thanks again!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 PM

Hi Cort,

The spa pass includes the use of all of the spa facilities, steam room, sauna, relaxation area, whirlpool, hot tub and lap pool. Yes it was the best money we spent on the ship and it is the reason that we are going back in Sept... just the thing to melt away the stress from life... Most of the time we were the only ones in the lap pool (and most of the time in any other part of the spa) so it felt like it was our own private oasis away from the crowds. The pool is fresh water and not heated and was lovely for swimming laps after a workout in the gym. Then to the hot tub to ease the muscles. DH loved the mens steam room and plunge pool too! Of course any spa "treatments" were not included and what I found suprising is that not once were we "bothered" by a sales pitch to purchase any spa treatments. The staff were always pleasant and helpful and kept the place immaculate. Great Job Spa Crew!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dawn, explorer, gym, lap, maarten, michigan, ncl, pass, pool, pools, seas, spa, st, swimming, weekly