Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 PM

We are going on NCl the pearl on May 23rd to Alaska..My husband is a die hard Lost fan,and on May 23rd is the series finale..Will we be able to get programming that night so my husband will be able to watch this show or is he going to have to wait a week?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM

I wouldn't count on it. It depends on what satellites the ship is picking up.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Administrator

I know exactly what you mean, as I am also a huge LOST fan and will miss an episode while cruising next month. I'd be prepared to wait a week and watch it online at home, as I am planning to do. The hard part, especially in your husband's case, is steering clear of news outlets so that the ending isn't spoiled for him.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 AM

You guys are too funny. That's why I'm cruising in April...lol. LOST is my all time favorite show. I actually have a signed set of the first season on DVD. It's signed by all the writers and producers. Think I'm gonna put it up on ebay now that it's the last season and see how much I can get for it...lol. Maybe some extra spending $ for my cruise...hehe. You could always watch online if you have a laptop while you're away...they have it on after the epi is over with...lol
Old 03-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Gee, I've never watched a single episode, so I guess I can just go cruising and enjoy the ship....Have a grand time in Alaska...cruised there 3 times and loved it every time.....

Bob E
Old 03-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Excuse my ignorance; who or what is "lost' is at a soap or some kind of series?? We do not watch a whole lot of tv when we cruise.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:19 PM

Lost is series that has been on for the last 6 years..and we don't watch massive amounts of tv, but we watch lost every week,and it just so happens the last show on is on the day we leave on the ship..i think my husband is going to pay for the internet that night when we are cruising to watch..Since its my first cruise i was wondering if they get reception from a satellite or something so he could watch it without paying for the internet.but thanks for the help..We will manage.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Just a thought;
Why not set the VCR and record the last show. If you did not want the satellite box to be turned on for the time you are away a simple light timer could be used to shut off the power once the recording is done.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 PM

we are recording it at home..but it is going to be hard to avoid all media outlets so we don't spoil it before we get back..If it was any other show it wouldn't be a problem.we booked our cruise after we found out the date of the finale,so obviously its not a determining factor in taking the cruise.i just wondered if we could possibly get some satellite signal on the ship.
Melissa

Old 03-28-2010, 07:43 PM

to answer you question, yes you should be able to see it on the ship. They seem to carry the major networks on the satellite feed they use for the televisions. Worst case you have to watch when you get back, but you may be able to catch it on the ship if you want. Don't plan on watching on the internet service you get on the ship. You pay by the minute AND it is too slow to keep up with a video feed. You'll go nuts when it freezes up at the most important parts....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
forums, lost, miss, review, series