Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 AM

My Husband and I are planning our first cruise, a cruise to Alaska. I'm trying to figure out which ship to choose, the Star or the Sun. Anyone have any advise or recommendations???

Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 10:34 AM

Both ships came out in the same year 2001. The Sun is slightly smaller than the Star. 14,636 ton smaller. But not enough to notice a huge difference. The Sun would have 304 passengers less (based on double occup.) So that might be nice for embarkation/disembarkation. Since there isn't a huge difference between the two you probably want to look at the itinerary and evaluate which you like best.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:49 AM

JCF,

I have been on both ships. IMHO "Norwegian Star" has the nicer cabins, while all in all "Norwegian Sun" is the better ship, more tastefully decorated and with better open decks. I would choose her over "Norwegian Star" any day. But that's just my opinion, of course.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Banned

Both ships are very beautiful and well kept.

So, the major differences between the ships will be the itineraries.

The Star sails to Glacier Bay National Park, but skips sailing most of the Inside Passage. The Sun skips Glacier Bay National Park, sailing up Tracy Arm to see Sawyer Glacier, but does sail the entire Inside Passage.

The Star should visit Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Alaska and Victoria, Canada.
The Sun should visit Ketchikan, Juneau, Sawyer Glacier, Skagway, Alaska and Prince Rupert, Canada.

The itneraries are half different, and where you rather want to go should determine which ship you should sail on.

Closed Thread

Tags
difference, norwegian, noweigen, star, sun