Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   New NCL Ships (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/36567-new-ncl-ships.html)

Berick1234 02-19-2011 11:43 AM

New NCL Ships

After hearing that NCL is planning on two new ships...I really hope they don't copy the bathroom problems of the Epic. or the Looks.....Just my opinion....

Bob E

LisaP 02-19-2011 02:41 PM

Ditto. I think one Epic is enough. I'd prefer to see more Jewel class ships, perhaps modified to incorporate an area of single cabins similar to Epic's.

Berick1234 02-20-2011 09:34 AM

I agree Lisa,

The Jewel class is a beautiful ship...going to Alaska in May on the Pearl...4th cruise on her.

Single rooms would be a great addition......

Happy Sailing....

penny3333 02-21-2011 08:45 AM

I know I'm going to get hit, but I actually liked the layout of the Epic. Including the bathroom. I think if they would have made the doors a little more opaque it would have gone over much better. As for the outside, well it grows on you, but it could be a little less boxy.

LisaP 02-21-2011 09:53 AM

My apologies... I wasn't clear in my post above. When I stated that one Epic is enough, what I really meant was that one flagship per line is enough. OK, maybe two twins. NCL has some wonderful ships in the Jewel class, all of which are still young by today's cruise standards. I keep thinking back to Carnival's Fantasy class of ships. They built six, then went on to build a new class (Destiny), and subsequently built two more Fantasy class ships (Elation, Paradise). And, they're still updating these ships up to 20 years later. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of new Jewel class ships.

billybuzzy 02-22-2011 07:55 PM

The New design can be found on the Meyer Werft Website.....Interesting but much more conventional......no resemblance to the NCL Epic. Stateroom layout is not yet available!

BillyBuzzy

stormyweather1 02-27-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybuzzy (Post 285738)
The New design can be found on the Meyer Werft Website.....Interesting but much more conventional......no resemblance to the NCL Epic. Stateroom layout is not yet available!

BillyBuzzy

I looked on the website the Meyer Werft website and could not find could not find the designs?
:confused:

billybuzzy 02-27-2011 05:46 PM

StormyWeather1......When you go to the Meyer Werft Website click on "ships", thence "cruiselines", thence "Norwegian Cruise Lines".......The photo posted is an artists rendering of the New Design!! Enjoy!!

BillyBuzzy

penny3333 03-01-2011 11:24 AM

It just shows an artist's rendering, but it looks like the Epic without the hat on:) Maybe I'll save my future cruise credit to try one of them. However, I really did enjoy the Epic.