Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Default Looking for input on Nickelodeon Cruises on Jewel - NY to Bahamas
Hi Cruisers!

We are contemplating a cruise right when school gets out June 4th with our 7 and 10 year old boys. (Port of NY, going to Bahamas and Florida). We have sailed Carnival 5 times and I am more than ready for a change. Looking to step up the quality level a bit. Am I looking in the right place?!

I thought the NCL's Nickelodeon feature might be good for the boys as it's a little more their speed age-wise - sponge Bob and all. I just can't seem to find anyone who has reviewed it! I like some of the other itineraries better, but this itinerary has the Nickelodeon theme. (So any raves or watch outs on the ports might help too!)

Also, if you have been on the Jewel, how is the smoke level? I am highly sensitive to it, but can't really afford a smoke-free cruise, and there aren't that many options.

thanks,
Kaki
Old 02-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Whether NCL is a step up from Carnival is subjective. Most would consider them to be on par with each other, although NCL ships have lots more dining options and perhaps more innovative ships. NCL certainly has clear title to the crown of "having the youngest fleet" since their ships are all quite new when compared to the to the other mainstream cruise lines.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:23 AM

An added note: NCL has more dining options but many of the options have added surcharges.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Default NCL Nickalodean Cruise
Don't do it!! I just returned from their Feb. Nickalodean Cruise with my three granddaughters. I spent over $10,000 on two mini-suites and the trip was awful!! I have neve been on a cruise that was so disorganized. There were lines for everything - the kids spent more time waiting to see Sponge Bob, and get slimed etc. than doing anything else. Activities were poorly scheduled and overcrowded. And then there was the food. I am a frequent cruiser, usually on Celebrity Cruise Lines, where the food is outstanding. The food available in the free NCL restaurants was of very limited variety. To go to the other restaurants was an additional $10 to $25 per person per meal!! If you wanted a sit-down breakfast - you better be an early riser, becuase they were not available after 9:30 am. I could go on and on listing the problems, but I will just sum it up by saying - take a different cruise line!

Grandma

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, crise, cruise, forum, jewel, nick, nickalodean, nickelodeon, nickolodean, nicolodeon, norwegian, ny, review, reviews, york