Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 03:35 PM

Default Back from the Pearl
Hi Everyone,
Just to let you know that we had an absolutely lovely week on the Norwegian Pearl and got back yesterday.

The food was great and plentiful. We really couldn't manage more than two meals a day (and I love to eat) because we were just too full. Our room stewards couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. They had great personalities and kept us in ice and our room all tidy.

We enjoyed the latitudes parties, the entertainment and shore excursions. There were some March Breakers but they seemed to be having a good time as we all were.

If anyone has any questions and I can help, I'd be happy to.
Judy
Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Welcome back, Judy! I'm sure you'd rather be on board, though. Did you book another while on board? We bought the advance deposit, which I thought was a great deal. $250and they gave you $100 on board credit. Now, all I have to do is decide which ship and where to go.

I really did enjoy the Epic and think I'd like to do a transatlantic on her. But....airfare might just be the dagger.

Hope you came home to a little warmer weather and no snow.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 AM

Welcome back, Judy, and thanks for your report. Sounds like you had a ball.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Talking
The Pearl is a Pearl....Sailed on her twice before and now going to Alaska on her....
Great Class of ship....Happy Sailing to us all....

Bob E
Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 PM

Hi All,
Thanks for your comments. You bet we bought a future cruise credit and am actually in the process of booking for next year back on the Pearl. In the meantime, I have a date with the Epic this summer. You're right that the airfares are terribly expensive -- but -- it's a bucket list type of thing that I've always wanted to do.
Judy
Old 03-23-2011, 06:39 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the Epic. We did all the shows, too. I highly recommend the Murder Mystery, we did it on a sea day in the afternoon. It was in the Spiegel Tent and they served a lunch while you had to guess who done it. Blue Man was fantastic and so were Legends. Second City was pretty funny, too, they did adlibs from audience suggestions. I LOVED the water slides, even overcame my fear of heights and climbed to all 3 of them, more than once. We just had a balcony, on deck 9, I believe. I know you'll have a wonderful time on her.

I thought the bathroom layout worked very well. I know it's a little strange and they should have made the doors a little more opaque, but it is a good concept.

We didn't do many of the specialty restaurants, I think there were 8, but we did do the noodle bar and the sushi bar. The dining room food was great!

Last edited by penny3333; 03-23-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Thanks Penny for the information about the Epic. I'm reading everything that everyone has written about her. I was wondering about those water slides. I hope I get up the nerve.
Judy

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, forum, murder, mystery, ncl, norwegian, norweigeian, pearl, recommend, reviews, sail, ship, stateroom, upcoming