Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Transfer from ship to airport in NY
Can anyone tell me the best way to get from the ship to the airport (Newark) from NYC, and the cost, if known. Our "travel professional" never responds to any request we have.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Reviews!

Which port are you cruising from, and to be clear you are flying from Newark?

Old 06-02-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi, and welcome to Cruise Reviews!

Which port are you cruising from, and to be clear you are flying from Newark?
Thanks -

Our pier location for sailing is 711 - 12th Ave Manhattan. Not sure if that will be the same pier we cruise back to. We are on the Norwegian Jewel. We are staying in NY a few days before the cruise, so we were just going to take a taxi to the pier, but didn't know if that was the best when we return. We are flying home via Newark.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Administrator

As you know, a cab will be around $70 when all said and done (tolls, fare, etc.). Depending on the number of people, a cab may be a wash with using a shuttle service. For this type of trip I'd prefer to use a cruise line transfer since it would be 'cleaner' as far as just getting your luggage and boarding the bus without any hassles.

Can your 'travel professional' get you a price for debarkation transfers with NCL?

Old 06-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Yes, Norwegian Jewel sails to and from the pier you mentioned. I actually saw her there last week.

I agree with Dave. See what NCL is charging for transfers. Waits for taxis can be long at the cruise terminal, particularly if there is more than one ship in port. What time is your flight?

Pre-cruise, are you staying in Manhattan or outside of the city?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
As you know, a cab will be around $70 when all said and done (tolls, fare, etc.). Depending on the number of people, a cab may be a wash with using a shuttle service. For this type of trip I'd prefer to use a cruise line transfer since it would be 'cleaner' as far as just getting your luggage and boarding the bus without any hassles.

Can your 'travel professional' get you a price for debarkation transfers with NCL?
I have called/emailed several times and the person we booked with (a Norwegian rep) will not respond. I also called and left a message for another person and he did not respond either.

Can you book the shuttle once on the ship?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP View Post
Yes, Norwegian Jewel sails to and from the pier you mentioned. I actually saw her there last week.

I agree with Dave. See what NCL is charging for transfers. Waits for taxis can be long at the cruise terminal, particularly if there is more than one ship in port. What time is your flight?

Pre-cruise, are you staying in Manhattan or outside of the city?
We are staying in the Manhattan - the Theater District.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Yes, You should be able to book the return transfer once on the ship.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Normal Family......At the Manhattan Cruise Terminal following debarkation We have learned to take the elevator from the Customs area up to the departure level to catch a taxi. There is almost no waiting there since taxis are constantly pulling in to drop off their fares...They are very glad to pick up another fare quickly. To catch a taxi from the arrivals level you must haul yourself and your bags across the street to the taxi stand! Not very convenient at all.
Then too....there are the cruiseline transfers...especially if going to EWR! Like the others...We would suggest the Cruiseline transfer.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cruise, cruises, forum, line, lines, luggage, newark, norwegian, ny, nyc, pier, ports, transfers, york