Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Default Undercover Boss
Watching Undercover Boss last night about the CEO of NCL was really interesting. I think I am going to have to try them out.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Also if anyone else is interested they are have an "undercover" sale ending Monday. $200 OBC and 50% reduced deposit plus upgrades.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:57 AM

I think that sale applies just to cruises in 2012-2013.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I saw that show a few months ago and was quite impressed with the Boss of NCL. To have learned so much and to act on it and admit where he was wrong is huge. Other Cruise Lines (not to mention any in particular but I'll just mention FUN FOR ALL as a prime example) should do the same even if it is not sponsored by TV. Some bonehead things like the ICE RINK happen on all lines I think.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:38 PM

The ice rinks on Royal Caribbean are quite popular, if not for skating that the passengers do, then for the professional ice shows that are highlights of those cruises. You didn't think the ice shows were worthwhile on your Royal Caribbean cruises?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:52 PM

Sandy, I think Cruise Dad is referring to the outdoor ice rink they put on the NCL EPIC. It was a mobile ice floor that had to be put in place every day. It was only used for a few hours (which had little use), and then taken back up so the space could be used for other activities. When President of NCL, Kevin Sheehan went under cover he found out the hard work it took to put the ice rink in place for such little use. He had it removed from the ship.

Cruise Dad, In 2004 Carnival's then President, Bob Dickinson, did go under cover on his own on the Carnival Imagination. He worked in several different positions and as a result made several changes that made the quality of life for crew better. Many things have changed with the company since he retired a few years ago. Some good, some not so good.

Closed Thread

Tags
bob, boss, carnival, cruise, cruises, home, ice, ncl, norwegian, powered, reviews, rink, undercarver, undercover, vbulletin