Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2005, 09:06 PM

Any suggestions for 1st time cruisers on The Sun the week of Feb 19th? We are in our early 30's - group of 4. What are recommended excursions? - we are willing to venture off the beaten path and see some culture. Have heard it is best to not book the ship's packages, but find a guide once on shore. Also - if it worth it to pay extra for the other dining rooms?
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:06 PM

Any suggestions for 1st time cruisers on The Sun the week of Feb 19th? We are in our early 30's - group of 4. What are recommended excursions? - we are willing to venture off the beaten path and see some culture. Have heard it is best to not book the ship's packages, but find a guide once on shore. Also - if it worth it to pay extra for the other dining rooms?
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:44 PM

Hi, I'll be on this cruise as well. I have book a tour with coralbreezelimited.com on the stop at belize. I plan on taking the Shark/Snorkel trip. The only one I have booked trough NCL is the Tulum Mayan Excursion in Cozumel; which was a little high but cheaper than the ones online I have notice. Maybe we will meet while onboard.
Countdown....
Old 02-06-2005, 04:06 PM

Hi Just back from cruise on Sun. I recommend you book a tour of some kind for Belize. We found there wasn't much to do otherwise. We didn't go to the extra cost restaurants on the ship although the menus did look good. Have fun
Old 02-08-2005, 07:51 PM

We are getting excited for the trip! 2 of us were in Belize (on Ambergris Caye) last year for a week and did a snorkel trip to Shark Ray Alley. The guides were feeding the nurse sharks right off the boat while we were swimming. It was a little scary at first because the sharks actually have little fins that stick out of the water. Our guide told us "don't worry, they don't like humans" and after the look on our faces, felt the need to clarify "I mean, they don't like to eat humans!". After a few minutes in the water I was able to get the courage to dive down and touch the sting rays and that was really cool. The water is very clear and you are able to see quite a bit. I was in Cozumel about 5 years ago and did a Tulum and X-Caret day trip, which was also nice. Bring some water because it was hot while exporing the ruins.
It seems that everyone on these sites recommends the cave/tubing tours in Belize and we are not sure what the attraction is. We have tubed down the rivers in good ol Minnesota and it is fun, but I would not say it is a must do. I am not sure we want to be in a dark, cool, cave for hours and missing out on the sun? (and we are afraid of bats!) Maybe we are missing something.
When we were on Ambergris Caye last year, we took a flight on Tropic Air to get to the island for the week and we never made it to Caye Caulker. Does anyone know if you can take a ferry from Belize City to Cay Caulker and how long it is and how much? Looks like the tours we found online really just offer a boat ride for around $40 and you are on your own for the day when you get there.

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, caulker, caye, city, long