Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 02:11 PM

Gail, your opinion is noted. However, I tend to think you had not cruised for quite some time before your recent one, as your complaints about extra charges for alternative restaurants, yoga classes, bottled water in the cabin, and bingo cards, and about adding the gratuities to your account upfront, all apply to most other cruise lines today. I know, as I have sailed several in the last couple years. Carnival included. That's just the way it is now. And if you didn't want the gratuities on your account, you could have asked the purser's office to remove them, or change the amount. Like it or not, Roger makes some very good points. Sorry you were surprised by all this. A good travel agent, or a lot of homework, would have prepared you to expect these things.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:19 AM

Hey Chick, my husband and I are planning on the same cruise although its on April 16, after reading the above, I am a little worried. This isn't the only place I have read bad reviews. I sure hope by next year they have improved.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:39 AM

Hi Patricia,don't worry be happy!!!For us I know it will be a wonderful cruise.This is our first one and we having nothing to compare it to,so I know it will be great.....smile
Old 05-25-2004, 11:42 AM

Gail
I will agree about the automatic gratuitys on the cabin stewards and dinning room staff. I feel that the quality of service suffers greatly on the cruise lines that do this, I have been on Carnival and NCL, AND BOTH DO IT. I have been on many others over the years that do not.I just came back from a Celebrity that did not practice this and it was very good.I think that if the help thinks they are going to get paid no matter what level of service they provide, they provide very little.As far as the dress for formal night I do NOT BLAME them for turning you away.If they did not have some rules and regs with that many people it would be total chaos,the formal nights have always been a tradition.As far as the extra charges our rooms have always been marked with a price list forthe different drinks.Iknow from experience that the ALL charge for the bingo cards, that is where they get the jackpot from!
Sorry you had a bad trip but I think that something else is what is really bothering you, good luck!
Tom
Old 05-25-2004, 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Hey Roger,

NO, I don't work for a cruise line. And Im sorry you think my post is too "aggressive" (what a ridiculous reply to someone's opinion). I was a passsenger last week. I stated my opinion. You don't have to like it. For your information, I NEVER experienced these things on Carnival (either time), NOR did any cruise lines website indicate charges for any restaurants other than a formal one. Maybe YOU should work for a cruise line and actually listen to passenger complaints to build better service. I don't need to " have a postive approach to cruising and not dwell on the negative" as you say (thanks again for telling me what to do) when I am merely responding to MY experience and MY opinion based on someone elses inquiry. Oh, and you want to know "where's the beef?" I'll tell you........ on my VISA bill thanks to NCL! Relax there Roger. This is a place for opinions. If you don't like mine, move on. If you don't have a problem with the nickel and diming, then the crusie lines will love you. Happy sailing.
Boy do I agree with you on this one. Were you on the Spirit to Alaska? Dreadful trip. Always check your charges, some of ours were on there three times for the same thing.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
!
Sorry you had a bad trip but I think that something else is what is really bothering you, good luck!
Tom

You know, when I found this website to post COMMENTS, I thought it was a great idea and would be helpful. Instead what I am finding is it seems to be a pyscho analysis of people's comments. Ol uptight "Roger" thought my post was too "aggressive". Gimme a break. Now you, are telling me "something else was bothering me". Excuse me while I put my boots on. What is it with you people? My comments were based on MY experience with NCL. If you don't like them, too bad. Do not attempt to guess if I am employed with them, or maybe I had a bad day,or maybe the moons weren't aligned when I bought my tickets. I am entitled to my opinion based on MY recent trip. I spent alot of MY money on expenses I NEVER expected (based on past experiences and documents given to me by the travel agent or NCL). I am sick and tired of getting nickeled and dimed to death. For your and Roger's information, I checked with many other cruise lines, finding only a couple who charged for meals and that was usually for formal attired customers only. Its customers like yourselves that tolerate the excessive charging that ruins what used to be a good value (paying for your ticket and knowing the food was included) on a cruise. Its not my job to spend my time researching every single policy a cruise line has. It is THEIR responsibility to inform their customers, not to surprise them once they are on board. My money is hard earned and I like to get the value out of spending it. Thanks to customers like you, with money to burn, the rest of us now get stuck with a bill!
Old 05-31-2004, 02:13 AM

Hello everybody,

please remember that when people have a different opinion which you don't share, don't get personal. It is fine when people have different opinions (otherwise this wouldn't be a discussion forum), but attacking each other really isn't an option. So please calm down a bit. I really don't want to intervene "officially" here.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-03-2004, 08:56 PM

Patricia,
Chicklet is right don't worry. My wife and I were on the NCL Sea in Feb. and had a wonderful time. Yes we paid a $10 per person per day gratuity but we would of paid it at the end of the cruise anyway because everything was wonderful. We did dress up for formal night but if we didn't we could of eaten in the other dining room on board. We had a great time and met lots of great people so relax and enjoy. Have smooth sailing.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:45 AM

Chicklet

I have cruised with NCL 6 times and have never had a bad experience. They do charge extra for their speciatly restaurants and they are worth every penny. The restaurants are top notch with white glove service. The menu in the basic restaurants will not disappoint you--you will have many choices. The charges per day of $10 per person came out to be less than what we would have tipped.
Have a great time!!!

Closed Thread