Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 AM

My cruise get in in at 8am. We are going to stay in Miami for one night I have found a tour we want to take but it picks up at the hotel at 10am (the hotel is right by the port) if we opt to carry our own bags off do you think this will be ok ( I am a British citizen so not sure if I have to go through customs or anything - I have a green card and live here now). Thanks for any info
Old 07-25-2010, 07:05 AM

Everyone goes through customs when returning from a cruise. When the ship docks it has to be cleared by customs. Once it's cleared they will start debarkation. The NCL Epic holds 4,100 passengers at double occupancy, more if triples and quads. That's a lot of passengers to disembark. Not everyone will do self-debark. You need to make sure you're in the first group to get off. That means you will need to be up early, have eaten breakfast, and have all your luggage ready to go for when they call the ship is cleared. I've been in lines that took 1-hr from the time I punched off the ship and got down to the cruise terminal. Then you'll have to get your taxi.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Everyone goes through Customs and Immigration.

So are you a naturalized U.S. citizen or a permanent resident? This question goes back to your other post about passports. According to the NCL website, alien residents of the U.S. may travel to Mexico and the Caribbean with just their valid ARC and proof of identity (drivers license for example). However it is recommended you also carry your passport from the country of citizenship if available.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:00 AM

Dave, I am a perm resident alien, my b.friend is a us citizen. I'm going to get a passport. He is considering just having his drivers lic and birth certificate. What is an ARC?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Administrator

ARC is your green card. ARC is what they used to be called "Alien Resident Card".

Old 07-25-2010, 08:09 AM

Ok. I have one of those lol think to be safe I will still take my passport also. Thanks for the info
:
Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi Amanda,

You are cutting the timing for your tour VERY close....A lot depends on just when they release the ship for debarking....and there are times Customs can take a long time....Hope you make it....Have a smashing good cruise...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
card, crown, cruise, debark, debarking, disembark, epic, green, lines, long, miami, ncl, norwegian, princess, ship