Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 AM

Default Norwegian Gem First Time Cruiser - Plus Size
My and my fiance are taking the Norwegian Gem Cruise that leave from NYC, goes to Orlando, FL, then Nassau, Bahamas and the Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas [maybe not in that order] next May for our honeymoon.

I am looking at the Shore Excursions and wondering if there's anything that someone around 400lbs may not be able to do.

I was interested in the Dolphin Interaction and they say they provide you with a wet suit. What if the wetsuit doesn't fit? Can you do the dolphin interaction without one? I would hate to book this ahead of time and be turned away because of our size.

Also, unrelated to our size, after the 3 hour shore excursion is over what do we do? I think it's 30 mins travel from boat to dolphins, 30 mins instruction, 30 mins interaction, 1 hour sunbathing and then 30 mins back to boat?
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
sprasa03.....Welcome to Cruise-Chat.Com. A most wondrous source of pre and post cruise adventuring......and one of the best places to be when you come ashore!!

The Norwegian Gem is a wonderful ship, We have cruised aboard her since her inaugural season twice and loved both voyages....We shall sail on her again in the future.....She is a great ship for your Honeymoon...One Cruise and You will be hooked....Cruising is the ultimate addiction, fortunately there is only one cure.......Book another Cruise!!

My Nephew is 6'9" and weighs in at 380 lbs. He loves dolphin encounters and has done several without a wetsuit......they have not had one to fit him at any place where he has done an encounter!! However, the dolphins can get quite playful and he has suffered some bruises! I would wait on advance booking and discuss the matter with the Tour Desk aboard the ship.

Nassau has plenty to do...the Straw Market is across from the pier and downtown Nassau is a short block away. Then too....there's plenty to do at Atlantis....You won't be bored...betterstill...Relax...You're in the Bahamas...You're on a Cruise and Honeymoon aboard a Wondrous Ship......Time to concentrate on the romance of this adventure....Cruise at a pace suitable for just the Two of You.....Set a Cozy and Relaxed pace....You both will Cruise and Cruise Again!! Welcome Aboard!!

Congratulations, Best Wishes and...
Bon Voyage!!

BillyBuzzy

Tags
2012, cruise, excusion, friendly, gem, line, ncl, norwegian, norweigan, orlando, reviews, shore, size, time, tips