Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM

We are going on our honeymoon 30 and 44 we are really liking the jewel although money isnt free flowing it is also not a total issue,
We are thinking of upgrading from the suite 1100 to the AE suites with butler etc ( think that may be nice) Is it worth the extra money, I know the rooms are a little larger
What about the other amenities included
Matthew
Old 11-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Those look like nice perks. We've had a butler before and really didn't use him. Butlers usually have several cabins assigned to them.

It's your money.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:14 PM
funguynyc - Welcome to cruise-chat- the best place to be when you are"on the beach" and between cruises! Many relaxing hours can be spent here with fellow cruisers and good friends! I think you have left off the last digit onyour suite number (there should be 5 digits) but in the suite category don't sweat it (it's a suite and it'll be sweet!), book a cabin in a location you like! If butler service and exclusivity is not an issue then seriously consider the mini-suite design.!

Without a doubt a regular suite gives you shipboard recognition! It includes a special color coded key card' butler and concierge service,priority reservations for dining, special breakfast and lunch in Cagney's Steakhouse, super munchies to your suite on a daily basis, a custom mini-bar, really plush bathrobes, cookies at nite and a super soft bed!!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and be sure to keep us posted as to your plans! We welcome you to our ranks We wish you smooth seas and gentle breezes - above all...welcome aboard!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, Matthew. And, more importantly, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

We also weighed the decision between the mini-suite and AE suite. Billybuzzy gave excellent advice. For us, it came down to whether it would be worth it for our few hours onboard (we're on a port-intensive itinerary with long touring days). Then again, we're not on a honeymoon.

Have you been on NCL before? The reason I ask is that some of the suite amenities may be available with some of the higher Latitudes levels.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:57 AM

Hi Everyone thanks for the information.

Regarding the suites, We are looking at the AE Class they are the ones on deck 8 or 9 on the back of the boat.
We liked the idea of the extra recognition and amenities.
We are not that Port intensive, where yes we will so one excursion and some sightseeing but also want to enjoy the activities of the boats.

I used a reverse auction sight to search for rates( or rather have rates be presented ) Glad to say I got our room for a nice discount.

We are first time NCL cruisers and looking forward to the trip.

Bon Voyage!!!

Matthew and Cara
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Matthew and Cara _ You are about to embark on some of life's greatest adventures! Cruises and Honeymoons go together like the horse and carriage! NCL is a grand way to start it all off!! We're glad you've joined us!!

Our best wishes to you and your future! Congratulations, Best Wishes and....

Bon Voyage!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-23-2009, 09:19 AM

Hi funnyguynyc, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your marriage and your up-coming cruise! What a fantastic way to celebrate Just be warned, cruising is addictive

It's wonderful to hear you got your suite for a great rate, makes it even more of a fantastic time. If you go to the buffet for breakfast, be sure to check out the main buffet area for some dynamite sticky buns.

We've sailed on NCL 4 times and have not been disappointed on any of our cruises. Great ships, great crew, and very tasty food. They have some wonderful jerk and cajun spiced food. There are also the specialty restaurants, but we've always enjoyed the food in the main dining room.

Best wishes!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:11 PM

I keep hearing about these sticky buns, YUMMM

I can not wait I am a foodie cooking and eating.

This forum is great, can not wait to have a board up for my cruise so I can start talking to fellow passengers before the trip.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 AM

This is just my opinion, but here goes. On NCL their sticky buns are bodacious, their jerk or cajun food is really good, especially the jerk. Carnival, the chocolate melting cake is the bomb. Princess, any of their pastries, the eggplant parmesan, and the Black and Blue Onion Soup are magnificent. Costa, their gelato and any pasta dish is delicious. Royal has some great deserts. HAL thier breads are wonderful. I'll find out what Celebrity's specialty for me is in just a couple of weeks

I really think you'll have fun on board, especially at meal time
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 AM

What is a reverse auction? And what site did you use?

Closed Thread

Tags
butler, cabin, cabins, card, class, coded, color, concierage, cruise, guarantee, keys, line, ncl, nclcabinprices, norwegian, reviews, selection, service