Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
This is our first time on NCL and the Dawn has 13 places to dine. Just wondering from some of you who have been on NCL or the Dawn some of the places that are a not to miss. Looking at Sonny's food on RCL got me thing about food....that looked so good

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-17-2009, 05:25 PM

I'll leave it to others to discuss the pros of some of the specialty dining. I have pretty easily pleased tastes and would recommend you not to miss the cinnamon (sticky) buns at the buffet at breakfast time. Even if you eat breakfast in the dining room -- it's worth going up to the buffet just for the buns.

The other little treats that we really enjoyed were the fish and chips and chicken wings at the Blue Lagoon.

I enjoyed the main dining room - Tsar's Palace for many dinners. Some were excellent and some were merely good but none were prepared or cleaned up by me -- so I thought it was pretty wonderful.
Judy
Old 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
janfred - You're almost there and...since you are outbound I'll suggest three Specialty Dining Options for the NCL Dawn:
1) Le Bistro @ $15/pp a great French Restaurant and an NCL Signature Featue..a bargain and well worth it!
2) Cagney's Steak House @ $25/pp...great steaks served Chicago Style!!
3) The Teppanyaki Grill @ $25/pp for dining ala BeniHana Style!!!

If you have the steak in any one of the Main Dining Rooms order it Medium/Rare - It is quite good at that specific texture! If you happen to mention how much you like a particular dish to your waiter on an NCL ship...more likely than not you will have to beg them to stop bringing follow on portions!!

The Pearly King's Pub is great for Fish and Chips, playing Wii, popcorn, darts and is not crowded!

The Blue Lagoon has a distinct Diner style with a matching limited menu - but it is 24hrs. (So is room service!!)

Bon Appetite'

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-18-2009, 03:21 AM
BillyBuzzy,
I am sitting here at 6:19AM thinking yum I could eat some Fish and Chips for breakfast, a steak sounds pretty darn good too ! This is so helpful, thank you again for taking your time to help us. Can't wait to report back in with the results...

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-18-2009, 06:55 AM
janfred- I think you will find that NCL cruises to the beat of a slightly different drummer and the NCL Dawn will give you the real flavor of NCL's "Freestyle"cruising. Our first cruise with NCL was on the Dawn and within 24 hours aboard we had booked our next NCL cruise. She was our (and still my) favorite ship!

She has her own distinctive ambiance and it is not unusual to find fellow cruisers with multiple Dawn cruises under their feet I have done three and am planning a fourth on her! Alas, I shall have to content myself with cruising on her first cousin, the NCL Gem in January (another favorite since Jan 2008).

Bermuda is at its most flavorful right now-you will definitely enjoy!!
On NCL our first dinner was always in the Teppanyaki Grill - we've made many lasting friendships over the Teppanyaki Table!!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dining, forum, ncl, review