Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 AM

Default Haven suites on jade or epic
Has anyone experienced the haven suites on the ncl jade or epic. I am looking into a Mediterranean cruise for next year and wonder if the rooms and perks are as good as they look.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Administrator

For those ships, "The Haven" was primarily just a name change from "The Courtyard" although they did add some new perks such as 24 hour butler service. The Haven will have a unique identity on the two Project Breakaway ships and will truly be different than on the older ships.

Norwegian gets high praise for their suites and the special treatment suite guests receive. Perhaps more so than any other mainstream cruise line, Norwegian has essentially reintroduced a class system where those in suites are 1st class in many ways. Not that I have a problem with that.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Administrator

We were in a Courtyard Villa on Norwegian Jade in 2010. We enjoyed it a great deal. After touring all day, every day, in the Med, it was nice to get back to ship and unwind in the Courtyard pool, which we usually had to ourselves. There is also a generous amount of outdoor space one deck above -- although we didn't use it much as we went in early spring when temperatures were cool.

The cabin itself was marvelous (our category had two bedrooms), although you can get the same cabin layout without the Villa perks. (The suite perks will still come with it.)

If you can swing it, I'd say to go for the Villa accommodations. And, it's far more intimate on N. Jade than on N. Epic (as far as I can tell).

Happy to answer any additional questions.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM

thanks alot. I have been reading about these rooms but it's nice to get comments from someone who actually experienced it.

Tags
cruise, epic, forum, haven, jade, line, ncl, norwegian, owner, perks, review, reviews, suite, suites, villa