Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Not too happy with Norwegian Dawn (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/38519-not-too-happy-norwegian-dawn.html)

Burkuwski 10-17-2012 03:37 PM

Not too happy with Norwegian Dawn

Just got off the Norwegian Dawn, two weeks, Canada New England cruise. We are frequent Norwegian cruisers, and usually like the buffet meals, but this time, the meals were lousy. Consistently lousy. Unless you got something cooked in front of you, the quality was poor. Selection also poor, unless you like curry. We were also unhappy with our stateroom, which was noisy due to the spa being above. We were moved, to an even noiser room, this time the buffet above, and were afraid to complain again in case we got moved to the engine room! Long line ups for everything, and in many cases they had one entire section of the buffet closed, despite guests being lined up out the hall! Hope this not the way Norwegian is headed as previous experiences, on other Norwegian ships, have been much better. I'm glad this was not our first cruising experience, if it had, we would not try it again.

billybuzzy 10-18-2012 07:12 PM

Burkowski......The Dawn has long been my favorite ship, We will be aboard her in early December and such news is disheartening....We hope that this is not a lasting problem but it does have an echo to it of some dining problems We observed aboard the Epic last October in the Buffet!! If this problem is a lasting one We shall certainly reflect it in Our cruise review of the cruise in December. Thank You for Your critique......Our postings here are read by many cruise personnel and do have an effect!! Keep on cruising...do not allow one mediocre experience to dissuade your cruise adventures upon NCL or any other line for that matter!!!

BillyBuzzy

MDSS 12-06-2012 02:43 PM

Bill I will be looking forward to your review we sail on the Dawn in Jan/13.

billybuzzy 12-10-2012 05:59 PM

We have just disembarrked from the Dawn on 12/9/2012 and, as promised , are responding to the complaints posted at the beginning of this thread. Let me say this, none of the complaints posted in October were apparent. Meals in the Buffets and the main restaurants were all of excellent quality. Buffet lines were less than 3 minutes at most as were the lines at the main restaurants. Buffets were opened and closed as appropriate to the time of day (ie more stations open at prime dining times) meals were always hot or warm, seating was always available! The NCL Dawn has long been a personal favorite (this was my fifth aboard her)...she has not lost her ambiance in the least.......WE booked her to Bermuda in May.......She is a great ship with a fantastic crew....WE'll cruise aboard her anywhere, any season!!!

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy