Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Administrator

There is something about having espresso in a coffee bar in Italy. It is always wonderful. It was the first thing I'd always do when my Navy ship would pull into an Italian port. I think it had to do as much with the ambience as the great coffee.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think it had to do as much with the ambience as the great coffee.
Absolutely. I say exactly the same for the quiche I had in Nice. I enjoyed it while standing at a counter reading a French newspaper. Had the same quiche been served to me in a 5-star restaurant on china with polished silver utensils, I doubt it would have been more enjoyable.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 AM

Hi Lisa,
Happy to hear you had a great time. I will be on that cruise next month. I was wondering if you took a taxi from your hotel in Barcelona to the cruise ship. If you did do you remember the approx. cost? I was thinking it would be much less than the NCL shutle.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:23 AM

Plan on around 25 Euro for two people and luggage.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Hi Kim. My husband seems to recall that the taxi fare was around 25 Euro (same as Cruise Fanatic stated) from hotel to ship. We stayed outside the Las Ramblas area, though, at Diagonal Mar, yet I don't think there would be much of a difference. Definitely skip the shuttle. Also consider skipping it on the way from ship to airport... transfers purchased on the ship were $30 per person, while we paid 35 Euro total (equivalent to $45 at the time) for three people via taxi.

I just remembered something important for ALL pax planning excursions with independent companies. We stayed on ship's time throughout the cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, cruise, differences, florence, jade, ncl, nights, norwegian, review, reviews, rome, splendor, suite, tour, upselling