Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Cake Boss on Norwegian Breakaway (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/38942-cake-boss-norwegian-breakaway.html)

Sandy 01-15-2013 10:04 AM

Cake Boss on Norwegian Breakaway

I heard today that the new Norwegian Breakaway, which will be sailing from New York, will sail with a Carlo's Bakery aboard. "Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro will have a branch of this store onboard the Breakaway, with baked goods available for purchase.

Sandy

Dave 01-15-2013 11:11 AM

Yes, here is the press link. I guess they saw how successful the Cupcake Corner was for RCI.

wooddon 01-15-2013 08:45 PM

This is no good to us as we are diabetes. The cruise lines must start providing more diatetes items for us to enjoy. Yes there are one or two items on the menu and in the buffet, but not enough of a variety. We even have to bring our own diet pop on board as they only serve Diet Coke which we are not allow to drink as per doctor orders. There are more diabetes cases each day and its going to get worst.
Thanks

susanmaz 01-16-2013 09:29 AM

Wooddon - have you looked at sailing HAL? There is always a varied assortment of suger-free desserts on the Lido buffet, dinner menu and at the Dessert Extravaganza. It seems that one never needs to forgo sugar free. The soda is another issue as the soda offered on HAL is also Coke products. I don't remember if sugar free / diet Sprite is offered, but I always drink club soda (with a twist of lemon or lime) which is also sugar free.

RichC 02-02-2013 10:30 AM

I just read that the other day & was wondering just how popular it'll be since everything will come at a cost.

Dave 02-02-2013 11:35 AM

Rich,

The Cupcake Corner that Royal Caribbean started on the Allure Of The Seas proved so popular they are installing it across the fleet, as ships go in for refurbishment. I guess Norwegian was paying attention and decided to essentially copy the idea.

I do like that they will be selling cannoli. Much more my style than cupcakes.

sinclaj 02-02-2013 02:46 PM

Hi Wooddon,

NCL changed to pepsi products a few years ago. I don't know if diet pepsi is any better for you than diet coke, but that's what they have now. They also have a diet 7-up I think, or maybe it's Sierra Mist.

Judy

RichC 02-02-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 297208)
Rich,

The Cupcake Corner that Royal Caribbean started on the Allure Of The Seas proved so popular they are installing it across the fleet, as ships go in for refurbishment. I guess Norwegian was paying attention and decided to essentially copy the idea.

I do like that they will be selling cannoli. Much more my style than cupcakes.

I suppose they can sell enough to make it worth providing the space for it.
That's why people like me aren't making the decisions on what to sell.

Princess at one time was selling Lady Godiva chocolates on their ships and even had a whole area dedicated to the product. I never saw anyone make even a single purchase. Needless to say it's long gone.