Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Chasing The Sun Aboard the NCL Sun (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/39566-chasing-sun-aboard-ncl-sun.html)

billybuzzy 03-04-2013 04:56 PM

Chasing The Sun Aboard the NCL Sun

February 2013 allowed us the opportunity to venture into the Southern Carribbean aboard the Norwegian Sun for a nice long 11 night itinerary. We comfortably were able to visit Cartaghena, Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. The weather was puuurfect, the seas mild and the ship was a total delight! I think the Sun has become our new favorite ship as not only was our balcony cabin larger than usual but the food, service, staff and crew far exceeded our expectations.

Our fellow cruisers were an older group with an exceptionally large number of foreign cruisers out for an extended holiday. Announcements were in multiple languages and were unobtrusive, infrequent and not at all annoying......The flavor of the cruise was truly international. The Sun's crew handled the language barriers with no difficulty and gave all of us a very European flavor to the voyage!! We had a blast with our fellow travelers.

The Sun itself is in marvelous condition, extremely well kept up by the crew and is a very pleasant and unusually happy ship to cruise upon, diembarking this ship is a sad experience as we felt we were leaving many good friends behind...both ship personnel and the many Europeans (who were delighted to be continuing on...back to back...on the 10 day Eastern Carribbean itinerary)!!

The shows were good but not spectacular (We have cruised many times upon NCL and had seen many of them before) but the ambiance of the ship made the entertainment worthy of seeing them again. We dined in four of the Specialty Restaurants with Le Bistro emerging as our favorite followed by East meets West SteakHouse, Il Addagio and Moderno Churrascaria in order of favoritism! Main Dining Rooms were more than great and breakfast every morning in the Great Outdoors was a absolute must do!! (Plenty of Omelette Stations aboard...with very short waits).

For Us this was a memorable cruise aboard a ship We quickly learned to love.....yes it is a smaller ship....but then too..it is a real ship designed for real cruising and not a vacation destination in itself...We shall be back aboard her in the future....We loved her!!Love those Sultry and Warm Southern Carribbean Nights on the Balcony! MMMH! MMMH! MMMH! MMMH! MMMH!

BillyBuzzy

Dave 03-04-2013 06:13 PM

Billy,

I love reading the reviews you post here. They are always upbeat and enjoyable.

janfred 03-05-2013 03:13 AM

I agreed Dave,

Makes you want to go and get onboard right now !

billybuzzy 03-05-2013 07:32 AM

Dave and janfred.....Thank You for Your most kind comments.....rereading My own reviews makes We two here in Ct want to be out and about upon Mother Ocean again. We are busily making up for the missed cruises of last year when medical reasons forced several changes in Our travel plans!!! Fotunately We shall be back aboard Our much admired NCL Dawn in early May to Bermuda (again)......thus will end Our 2012/2013 Wave Season.

Our 2013/2014 Wave Season holds equally exciting cruises with another month of cruises from the West coast in Jan/Feb.......and already We are planning and booking into the 2014/2015 Wave Season from Italy (We are wintering over in Sorrento)....Already North Africa and the Canaries are booked for Dec. 2014! The more We read about voyages...the more We Cruise!!! Must run along now.....another cruise offering just came in on the 'Net......Gotta Go!!!

Hmmm! Must do something about this addiction!!

BillyBuzzy

LisaP 03-05-2013 09:53 AM

BillyBuzzy, I am another who enjoys your reviews. While I am reading them, I am transported onto the ship!

Sounds like an interesting set of itineraries you have ahead. We've done a Western Med (that stopped in three ports in Italy) on Norwegian Jade about three years ago -- absolutely fantastic experience. This coming summer, we will be returning to NCL for a Baltic cruise on Norwegian Star. There might still be some room...

billybuzzy 03-05-2013 05:34 PM

LisaP...Thank You for the invite......Summers are spent on Long Island Sound where I have a Place or on Cape Cod where my SO (Karen) has a place!! Our cruise season begins with the end of Hurricane Season and ends in early June. Karen has done the Baltic within the past 4 years...Our extended plans have The fjords up into and above the Arctic Circle in May 2016(Bucket List Item). I am projecting MSC will be heading that way at that time...some of their ships are truly elegant. Mar 2014 We shall try MSC aboard the Divina in the Carib for the first time(We want to go rafting down the Martha Brae)(with a stop in Hell to boot)...it promises to be a most Italian experience! All in preparation for the winter season in the Meditteranean!! (There is a plethora of islands worth visiting)!!

Karen and I maintain a backlog of 2 years of future cruises at any point in time, the return from a cruise always results in booking another!!! It seems to help control the cruise addiction!

BillyBuzzy

janfred 03-06-2013 03:54 AM

This is one addiction to have ! I just love the Meditteranean. You are truly living life to its fullest ! Wonderful for you and Karen. When your book comes out, let me know I want to read it :OD

LisaP 03-06-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Our extended plans have The fjords up into and above the Arctic Circle in May 2016(Bucket List Item).
This is an experience that is not to be missed! We did this in 2007 on a Celebrity ship -- started in Amsterdam and went up the Norwegian Fjords and coastline as far as North Cape. Spectacular! My husband and I agree that this was the best of all of our cruises. I'd love to return, with a voyage further north to Spitsbergen.