Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Wink Back from the Breakaway
We did B2B to Bermuda but on different ships to Bermuda. You can see my review of the Celebrity Summit under that tab. Well first it is easy to get on and off the Breakaway very organized. I love they let you get rid of your hand carried items in your cabin even if the cabin is not ready, makes it so much nicer to walk around etc without lugging those extra bags. The Pier to park is so convenient to boarding the ship but you will pay for it, $40 a day. I think that is so high but it is NY.
Well I forgot Norwegian was running a special kids go free! So many kids and I don't mind kids but at dinner or lunch I really don't want to hear them screaming and crying. Also must have been all the colleges were out because there were hundreds of them as well. It was pretty full and forget the Pool area. You could just about walk thru that area.
Of course the ship is beautiful and our cabin was a balcony mid and everyone by now knows about the tiny balconies. This is my 2nd time on the Breakaway and we should have figured out the first time if we faced the 2 chairs toward each other we had a little more room!
The 3 main restaurants seemed to rotate the menus and a lot of the items were repetitive. They told us they changed the menu this January. It was a little boring seeing many of the same things everyday. Teppanyaki is always good so we went there once. We did go to O'Sheehans a few times, decent Pub Fare. They did do something different this time at O'Sheehans each night they offered a special like Prime Rib, Fried Chicken, or BBQ Ribs. We never did try that.
I really don't like having to worry about making reservations for shows. We wanted to go one night to something and 4 days prior it was sold out. Burn the Floor is an excellent show. Fire & Ice has been on NCL for awhile and they are so good. I love to watch her do Tina Turner. We went to a Second City show, wow it was a snore. Some people got up and left, I wanted do that too but felt it would be rude so we suffered thru it and got a drink to help LOL !!
I did book all the shows you could on line prior to going but didn't know when on board some of the other shows you had to book while on board, so we missed a few. Not sure how you would know that. All and all we had a very nice time or should I say a BERMUDA-FUL time, but we were glad we saved the best for last and when we dock back in NY headed right over to Cape Liberty to board Celebrity Summit :OD !

Cruise Countdown Tickers