Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 AM

Hello,

we have booked the Norwegian Sun for the Transatlantic on April 26th 2010. We have decided to book a Penthouse Suite and we are looking for any information concerning the Suite 9202. If anyone knows a better suite in this category please tell me, we can still change cabins.....greetings from Michael
Old 07-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Schwab_1977 - The problem with Suite 9202 lies in the fact that it is facing forward and into the wind. Yes, you will have a humongus balcony (and a very nice, spacious interior) but on a Transatlantic crossing you will face a lot of sea days with the wind in your snoot! In heavy seas these cabins may have their outside access doors covered by a steel bulkhead (Sometimes the windows also!) - for protection (rogue waves do occur!)! I've faced this situation on the NCL Dawn last Fall coming back from Bermuda!

I would suggest a stern suite/balcony! You won't have to deal with the wind and very romantic! The minisuite you were interested in on the Gem is the type I'm talking about. I have booked such a balcony cabin on the NCL Sky for a Feb. 2010 cruise and taking my elderly (92 yrs old) mother! We are both looking forward to it!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 07-20-2009, 01:05 PM

Hello billybuzzy,

thanks for your advice. You are completely right and that is why we have chosen a Penthouse Suite aft now for the transatlantic, 2 rooms is even better than only 1...we had a aft balcony cabin on Msc Poesia and loved it due to the location.....greetings from Michael

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, cruise, dawn, ncl, norwegian, penthouse, pictures, review, reviews, se, sky, suite, sun, tripadvisor