Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 05:05 AM
I've just Disembarked the NCL Sky on Friday 5 Feb 2010. It was a 4 nite cruise to the Bahamas, stooping in Freeport, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay. It offered all the full amenities and comfort of a much longer cruise. The menus and dining were superb, the crew, staff and officers are a wonderfully friendly, happy and cohesive group. The NCL Sky is in great shape with comfy staterooms and plenty of activites. Most importantly....I found this to be a short cruise with all the style and panache of a much longer voyage. It was a quick getaway and a puuurrfect break. Worth repeating. It is also quite affordable and family friendly!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 02-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It offered all the full amenities and comfort of a much longer cruise.
That says it all. Welcome home, and thank you for the review. I may have to give her a try someday.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 PM
We have always liked the Sky, that was our first NCL cruise ship, then when she became the Pride of Aloha we made her first sailing around Hawaii together. We are planning to sail her again.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 PM

I am pleased to hear that you found your NCL Sky cruise to be good. I am looking forward to our cruise May 3rd-7th (This will be just my 2nd cruise. Our first was on Princess Carribean and it was a fantastic cruise.)

I have really received mixed information regarding the NCL Sky. I have read many reviews that say the food is poor and service is even worse. I really want this to be a great experience for my husband and I. We really don't have many chances to take trips just the two of us.

Please let me know if you are aware of things we should or shouldn't do to ensure that we have a great experience.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:19 PM
carlaw- We cruised with my 93 yr old mother and thoroughly enjoyed the amenities aboard the NCL Sky!! The Cabins were excellent and comfortable, food in the main dining rooms was excellent along with the service. Yes, there were lines at the grand buffet but if you wander back to the Lanai there are excellent secondary buffets with much shorter lines......seating was never a problem.....never a wait!!!! This is a fun cruise worthy of repeating....we experienced excellent crusing for a very small price!!!! The NCL Sky is a great , very friendly ship with a great crew!!! There are good and bad reviews of all ships...I've learned to ignore them and to judge for myself. In 56 years of cruising I've experienced rough cruises but,in all honesty,I've never really had a bad one!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 02-24-2010, 02:32 PM
carlaw-Forgive me for not welcoming You aboard Our Cruise-Chat.com!!!!! The very best of places to be when you are up and on the beach!!Whenever You find yourself between ships come visit with us and share the greatest of all life's adventures.........Cruising!!!!! I wish You many Happy Cruises!! Glad to have you aboard!!! Beverages are awaiting You on the Lido!!!! Leave some Roast Beef for Dave , Our Fearless Leader!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 02-25-2010, 04:44 AM

We were on the Sky last Sept., I had also been on her in 2002. She is still a great ship. There was one waiter in the MDR on the last night that seemed unfriendly, after a bit we had him smiling and got great service. He even came up to us on our last breakfast still smiling.

Read and post cruise reviews

11-1974 to 03-1978 U.S.S. Saratoga CV-60
08-2000 Sovereign Of The Seas- Bahamas
06-2002 NCL Sky- Alaska
10-2004 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2006 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
12-2006 Enchantment Of The Seas- Western Carib.
05-2008 Monarch Of The Seas- Baja Mexico
09-2009 NCL Sky- Bahamas
03-2010 Celebrity Century- Western Carib.

10-2010 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas again

Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 AM

BillyBuzzy and Hannibal:
Thanks so much for your feedback..I will certainly take note of your suggestions. I welcome any more suggestions that will make it a great cruise for us.
Thanks for setting my mind at ease regarding the various reviews. I am not overly picky and I think sometimes the expectations of those bad reviews are just unrealistic. I am so excited about our cruise - May just can't get here soon enough. It has been a looooong winter in Minnesota!

Closed Thread

Tags
amenities, bahama, cruise, cruises, dining, disembarking, experience, freeport, juan, main, ncl, problems, reviews, rooms, san, short, sky